CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!

Go down 
+67
Stockslivevan
ArcadeJimmy
Chief Zabu
Bucho
Mondguy
DailyRich
Dock Fight
boone daniels
commodorejohn
Call Me Roy Again
Belloq87
Judas Booth
Maxwell Patterson
Roke
Mr Saxon
ska oreo
adynate
Jones
Pither
Onemanmust
First Class 782
Glisten
Totalpackage
Misfit
Subotai
Chaz Rock City
Evi
Doc Happenin
schweiner
Bartleby_Scriven
Kyle Reese 3
jhp168
Iron Maiden
bailey
MikeK
Owen
VTRan
GojiraCrunch
anjinash
Hammerhead
McIrish
bigbrother
turingmachine75
Molt Prime
wd40
Slim
atomtastic
Dani Reasor
HP Pufncraft
themanatarms
justinslot
Schwartz
Sean Blackwell
Mangy
Chewie Of Borg
simohawk
SithHunter
Bane
Crimson-X
Lord Sesuken
Nikon949
Kit-Kat
bmw_666
The Star Treker
Darth Symbiote
Demotos
sithlindy
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
DailyRich

DailyRich

Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 11:50 pm

I'd be all for continuing the drafts over here.

Call Me Roy Again likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 12:10 am

I’m hoping there’s a way to do a transfer of those threads to this forum. No idea how to go about it, and the more I think of it the more it sounds too logistically unlikely, because what happens to posts by members that don’t even exist on this site? It sucks to lose all that history, but there’s also nothing wrong with a fresh start. In Ovie I trust. The guy wants to keep those receipts.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 12:19 am

If you were gonna do it, you might as well just have your dedicated archivist re-post the old material as quotes attributed to the original posters.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Patterson

Maxwell Patterson

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 12:28 am

Belloq87 wrote:
Do we maybe want to start assembling a list of threads that we’d like to see?  Going off of some of the more popular threads from TC...

- James Bond thread
- theme parks thread
- Blu-ray/4K thread (or maybe a broader “physical media” thread?)
- horror movies thread
- October Horror Movie Challenge dedicated thread
- new releases thread
- all-purpose “Movie I Just Watched” thread
- movie scores thread
- podcast thread
- film criticism thread
- general STAR WARS thread
- general STAR TREK thread

I got the ball rolling on the "Just Watched" thread and put up a placeholder Oct. Challenge since I REALLY don't want that getting lost in the shuffle, the rest I'll leave in Overlord's talented hands.

Belloq87 and Bucho like this post

Back to top Go down
McIrish

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 1:43 am

McIrish checking in to lurk and hopefully contribute more than my once or twice a month posts going forward. This will be a slow start as I’ll be at TC until the lights are off!

Molt Prime, Bucho and Subotai like this post

Back to top Go down
Hammerhead

Hammerhead

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 3:28 am

I will likely be continuing My Year in Movies OCD.

Bucho and Iron Maiden like this post

Back to top Go down
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 3:44 am

Stockslivevan wrote:
I’m hoping there’s a way to do a transfer of those threads to this forum. No idea how to go about it, and the more I think of it the more it sounds too logistically unlikely, because what happens to posts by members that don’t even exist on this site? It sucks to lose all that history, but there’s also nothing wrong with a fresh start. In Ovie I trust. The guy wants to keep those receipts.

I'd love it if it was possible - there are some classic-ass threads on TC - but I don't have much of a clue what's involved with such an endeavour.
Back to top Go down
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 3:45 am

Unless Nick changes his mind, basically a whooooole lot of copy-'n-paste. archive.org has a number of threads, but not everything, and not always up-to-date.
Back to top Go down
anjinash

anjinash

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 7:25 am

I thought I already dropped in and said hello last night, but my post never actually showed up. So, uh... hello.

Back to top Go down
boone daniels

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 9:32 am

Retro recast thread!

Also, my memory is telling me that the format here is basically exactly like it was when I started on CHUD in 2000. The more things change!

HP Pufncraft, Bucho, Call Me Roy Again and Owen like this post

Back to top Go down
GojiraCrunch

GojiraCrunch

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:44 am

Just joined the discord but thrilled to see a traditional forum will still exist! Thanks for stepping up and offering this board Stocks!

Anyway, Zach Russell here. Lurked and occasionally posted on the CHUD boards for most of their existence, and was a Movie of the Day contributor on the main site. Never really followed things over to TC but am FB/Instagram friends with several chewers, which is how I ended up finding out about all these new developments. Looking forward to jumping into the fray here and trying to be more of a frequent poster.

Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:49 am

Good to see everyone here.

Bucho, GojiraCrunch, Call Me Roy Again and Chaz Rock City like this post

Back to top Go down
VTRan

VTRan

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 12:23 pm

Yo....

Bucho, GojiraCrunch and Call Me Roy Again like this post

Back to top Go down
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 1:49 pm

Welcome to the party pal

Stockslivevan, Molt Prime, Bucho and Chaz Rock City like this post

Back to top Go down
Owen

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 4:03 pm

Howdy all. You may know me as Curiosity Cosby, but I figured it was time to just go by my own name, hopefully a little less cringey than my CHUD/TC handle. I’ll work on adding my old avatar (the old guy from the talkie demonstration in Singin’ in the Rain), but I’ve already added my old sig (not sure where that shows up, but it’s there somewhere). Anyway, glad to know I’ve got a seat on the CHUD life raft. Stocks, thanks again for telling us about this. I can’t tell you how nice it is to see so many familiar names and avatars here already.

Last edited by Owen on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Belloq87, Bucho, Call Me Roy Again, Owen and Iron Maiden like this post

Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 4:19 pm

I’m pretty ecstatic to see so many of you coming on board. Even more excited to work with you all to make this a place of our own. I’ve interacted and made friends at CHUD City for 14 years so it’s great to continue that here at CD.

Belloq87, HP Pufncraft, Hammerhead and GojiraCrunch like this post

Back to top Go down
Owen

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 5:36 pm

I just checked my old profile, and apparently I registered my CHUD account almost exactly 10 years ago. April 19, 2012. Eerie…
Back to top Go down
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 6:02 pm

Yeah, it was funny to think about it and realize that I've been on CHUD for just over ten years. Longest "social" hangout I've been continuously active on, I think.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 6:03 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:
I thought you were Michael Cera

<--begins plan to overthrow stocks
Back to top Go down
Sean Blackwell

Sean Blackwell

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 8:11 pm

It makes me happy to see so many folks here. You've been like family, and losing that was almost more than I cared to imagine. Where else am I going to get my daily dise of such gleeful curmudgeonage?

Bucho likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 10:10 pm

It is I, the killer of fun.  Same handle.

EDIT: Oh no, there's a dislike button. I'm screwed.

Bucho likes this post

Back to top Go down
bigbrother

bigbrother

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 10:25 pm

Belloq87 wrote:
Do we maybe want to start assembling a list of threads that we’d like to see?  Going off of some of the more popular threads from TC...

- James Bond thread
- theme parks thread
- Blu-ray/4K thread (or maybe a broader “physical media” thread?)
- horror movies thread
- October Horror Movie Challenge dedicated thread
- new releases thread
- all-purpose “Movie I Just Watched” thread
- movie scores thread
- podcast thread
- film criticism thread
- general STAR WARS thread
- general STAR TREK thread

As a Horror buff, that is a definite. New releases too. Although the politics threads at TC and Discord could get heated and straddled the line with what was appropriate with the amount of legal rage, they always seemed cathartic for people.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 10:26 pm

CHUD City also has a dislike button so it’s not too different haha.
Back to top Go down
MikeK

MikeK

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:07 pm

bigbrother wrote:
As a Horror buff, that is a definite. New releases too. Although the politics threads at TC and Discord could get heated and straddled the line with what was appropriate with the amount of legal rage, they always seemed cathartic for people.

Speaking as one of TC's more prominent (self-proclaimed) thought leaders in the arena of Relentless Political Dour-ism, I can confirm: its very cathartic.

Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:22 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:
CHUD City also has a dislike button so it’s not too different haha.

Yeah, but this one is right there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Welcome to CountingDown :: Introductions-
Jump to: