CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!

Go down 
+67
Stockslivevan
ArcadeJimmy
Chief Zabu
Bucho
Mondguy
DailyRich
Dock Fight
boone daniels
commodorejohn
Call Me Roy Again
Belloq87
Judas Booth
Maxwell Patterson
Roke
Mr Saxon
ska oreo
adynate
Jones
Pither
Onemanmust
First Class 782
Glisten
Totalpackage
Misfit
Subotai
Chaz Rock City
Evi
Doc Happenin
schweiner
Bartleby_Scriven
Kyle Reese 3
jhp168
Iron Maiden
bailey
MikeK
Owen
VTRan
GojiraCrunch
anjinash
Hammerhead
McIrish
bigbrother
turingmachine75
Molt Prime
wd40
Slim
atomtastic
Dani Reasor
HP Pufncraft
themanatarms
justinslot
Schwartz
Sean Blackwell
Mangy
Chewie Of Borg
simohawk
SithHunter
Bane
Crimson-X
Lord Sesuken
Nikon949
Kit-Kat
bmw_666
The Star Treker
Darth Symbiote
Demotos
sithlindy
71 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
sithlindy

sithlindy

Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! Empty
PostSubject: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:21 am

Hey all!

Old CD name: lindoyle (old real-life nickname that no longer exists, hence my wanting a different username!)
Joined CD in: the year 2000. I was 18 years old (now 31)
Thoughts: Love seeing a new forum dedicated to the old one! I got love for the facebook page (which was super genius), but there's just something about a messageboard that makes it all feel more complete. Hope this place sprouts up to unfathomable measures!

See ya around. cheers

Last edited by sithlindy on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Demotos

Demotos

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:31 am

Old CD name: Demotos
Joined CD in: the first time I joined was back in 2001 shortly before 9/11 if I remember correctly. Then time went by and I got preoccupied with getting married, having kids, etc. I didn't get heavy into CD until probably around 2006.

Thoughts: It will be nice to go immediately back to a topic instead of having to scroll through a hundred posts just to find it. Like Lindy said, FB is great and all but it can also get to be a pain.

Some Favorite memories from the old CD: The Gotham Club and the IceXman battles.

Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:50 am

Old CD name: jim_8705
Joined CD in: First joined the original site in the summer of 2002, mainly because ATTACK OF THE CLONES came out. I was a very different person when I first started (I was 15, naturally) so I've grown up a lot since then but the only thing that hasn't changed is my interest in movies. That was actually the same year I started collecting DVDs (first copy was NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN), and it's expanded over hundreds of titles of all kinds of flicks.

Quote :
Thoughts: It will be nice to go immediately back to a topic instead of having to scroll through a hundred posts just to find it. Like Lindy said, FB is great and all but it can also get to be a pain.

Yes, if FB had simply upgraded their group profiles with the timeline format it wouldn't be such a problem. But this definitely makes a better alternative navigation wise. I thought that was most important to bring that back for the CD crew. This should have been done earlier, but better late than never.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Darth Symbiote

Darth Symbiote

PostSubject: Oldie   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:54 am

Old CD Name: Darth Symbiote
Joined CD in: I honestly don't remember. Shortly before the Gotham Club started.

Thoughts: I'm really happy the spirit of Countingdown lives on. I spent many hours reading, and posting on the site.

Memories: Definitely the Gotham Club, The Zombie Club, and reading everybody arguing over Spider-Man 3 rumors haha
Back to top Go down
The Star Treker

The Star Treker

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:01 am

Old CD Name: The_Star_Treker
Joined CD in: 2005 and I was 22 years old when I joined (now 30).
Thoughts: Happy to see the site is back with new forums. Smile
Memories: TREKKER WTF?! and arguing with BatSTUD and infamous_emijayne. lol!

Last edited by The Star Treker on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thestartreker/
bmw_666

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:06 am

Old CD name: bmw_666
Joined CD in: 2002. Had a bunch of names that I forgot about and just settled on the one I have in 2004.

Memories: the RP topics like high school nights, hogwarts, the Star Wars one and of course my legendary rivalry with The Unknown Jedi.
Back to top Go down
Kit-Kat

Kit-Kat

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:45 am

Old CD name: Kit-Kat
Joined CD in: 1998 - One of the original Editors/Administrator and one of the last gals standing during the final server demise (9-22-2011).
Memories: Covering the Oscars, Bagel Cam and the Infamous bloody axe of the Bagel Goddess. The ongoing banter on the boards, especially with Peshkwe and the Sobakawa Pillow and teaching budding new editors how to help keep the site going with news Very Happy
Thoughts: It is nice to see the fans still care... it was something we always tried to get across to Paramount but failed to do so.
Back to top Go down
Nikon949

Nikon949

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Old CD name: nikon949 (nickname from my days in HS and radio)
Joined CD in: the year 2002. I was 23 years old (now 34 nearing 35. OMG)
Thoughts: None at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Thank you for all joining. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord Sesuken

Lord Sesuken

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Old CD Name: Lord Sesuken
Joined in: 2006

Thoughts: Too many to count.
Back to top Go down
Crimson-X

Crimson-X

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:45 pm

YO CRIMSON-X HEEEEERE.

Old CD name: Crimson-X
Joined CD in: 2003 if i remember
Thoughts: I said a long time ago that we should have made a new forum. Glad someone finally did it as I was lazy. tongue
Back to top Go down
Bane

Bane

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Old CD name: Bane_ar
Joined CD in: 2001 or 2002
Thoughts: I´ll get back to you.
Back to top Go down
SithHunter

SithHunter

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Old CD name: SithHunter (originally mlb14 back around 2000)
Joined CD in: '99 / 2000
Thoughts: I usually try not to do this, it's dangerous for everyone.
Memories: Too many to list, but the whole IcemanX debacle was something special.
Back to top Go down
simohawk

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 1:39 am

*falcons keen from above*....yeah I used to do that...

Old CD name: simohawk
Joined CD in: early 2000's for the Xmen movie
Thoughts: Oh the days of rpg stories that ran for ridiculous amounts of pages if you were lucky to have dedicated writers and the crazy tangents the threads would go off on. Starwars thread was awesome, oh and the Buffy thread was great! I invented some plotline about shadow warriors that could kill and the Stygia apocalypse, it was great fun!
Being drawn as an anime character by the CD resident artist (can't remember his name)
Talking to Osprey about in depth thoughts on random objects.
Catching up in the 'Inn' in the rpg forums
The legendary status of New Warrior Bolt and Cody's romance... (didn't they get married in real life?)
I was at Uni when I used to jump on the forum...man those were the days! ugh...getting older. 34 this year! Vale old CD board. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Chewie Of Borg

Chewie Of Borg

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:58 am

Old CD name: Bel Iblis, Chewie of Borg
Joined CD in: 2000
Thoughts: I just loved hanging out with you guys. I still think of some of you from time to time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wverm
Mangy

Mangy

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 1:08 pm

Howdy!

Bucho and First Class 782 like this post

Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 1:23 pm

I'll be you huckleberry.

Mangy, Bucho and First Class 782 like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.frameworkcast.com
Sean Blackwell

Sean Blackwell

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 1:27 pm

It's like stepping onto the spaceship that's taking us to a new planet...

Back to top Go down
boone daniels

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 3:13 pm

one might say that not only will this happen, it has happened

Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 3:48 pm

Sup.

Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 4:31 pm

Wassup is we have to decide what is first priority to recreate. I suggest we launch an inaugural KO as soon as the old board is actually shut down. I am currently having to rank Nolan movies for the podcast, so he could be good for a nice short one.

Back to top Go down
http://www.frameworkcast.com
justinslot

justinslot

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm

I will try to lurk here as inoffensively as I did at TC.

...the whole situation makes me sad, though. Wish there was a way to just spin the whole old message board onto a new website or whatever.

Back to top Go down
themanatarms

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 4:47 pm

themanatarms from tc - thanks for the invite!

Bucho, Doc Happenin and First Class 782 like this post

Back to top Go down
HP Pufncraft

HP Pufncraft

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 5:23 pm

I have arrived.

Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 5:30 pm

My flight just landed a minute ago, great to see you all!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! Empty

Back to top Go down

Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Welcome to CountingDown :: Introductions-
Jump to: