CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!

Go down 
+67
Stockslivevan
ArcadeJimmy
Chief Zabu
Bucho
Mondguy
DailyRich
Dock Fight
boone daniels
commodorejohn
Call Me Roy Again
Belloq87
Judas Booth
Maxwell Patterson
Roke
Mr Saxon
ska oreo
adynate
Jones
Pither
Onemanmust
First Class 782
Glisten
Totalpackage
Misfit
Subotai
Chaz Rock City
Evi
Doc Happenin
schweiner
Bartleby_Scriven
Kyle Reese 3
jhp168
Iron Maiden
bailey
MikeK
Owen
VTRan
GojiraCrunch
anjinash
Hammerhead
McIrish
bigbrother
turingmachine75
Molt Prime
wd40
Slim
atomtastic
Dani Reasor
HP Pufncraft
themanatarms
justinslot
Schwartz
Sean Blackwell
Mangy
Chewie Of Borg
simohawk
SithHunter
Bane
Crimson-X
Lord Sesuken
Nikon949
Kit-Kat
bmw_666
The Star Treker
Darth Symbiote
Demotos
sithlindy
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Mondguy

Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 12:46 pm

Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 Img_2214
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 1:12 pm

I said my good-byes and logged off last night. I've seen this cycle too many times to think he's ever going to change; I knew a "Gosh, you all still really like me, let's keep the boards open" post was just a matter of time and it rolled in like clockwork after all the thanks yous and fond remembrances. And, just as clockwork-y, his reacting to sincere, reasonable suggestions by feeling attacked and offended.

It's never been about the boards. It's been about him. And I don't need to ride that merry-go-round anymore. So I'll be here and on Discord going forward.

HP Pufncraft, Dock Fight, GojiraCrunch, Mondguy, Bartleby_Scriven, Doc Happenin and The Schlocketeer like this post

Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 1:19 pm

Not gonna lie: Richard's decision to leave has a lot of weight with me. And I agree with his reasons.
Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 1:22 pm

I decided to leave (and was in the process of slowly and painfully deleting my posts) because I realized I was gaining a reputation that I didn't want.

Maybe I can find a better equilibrium here.

DailyRich likes this post

Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 1:28 pm

Mondguy wrote:
I decided to leave (and was in the process of slowly and painfully deleting my posts) because I realized I was gaining a reputation that I didn't want.  

Maybe I can find a better equilibrium here.

Not entirely sure what you mean by that, but you've got a clean slate here as far as I'm concerned.

Dock Fight, Mondguy and ArcadeJimmy like this post

Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 1:29 pm

Echoing what Richard said. Clean slate, new start.
Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 1:31 pm

I'm not even sure I know what I meant by that. I think I was just coming across as a curmudgeon.
Back to top Go down
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 1:32 pm

Dock Fight wrote:
Not gonna lie: Richard's decision to leave has a lot of weight with me. And I agree with his reasons.
I'm in for the long haul at ChudCity, but this is my assessment as well.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 2:26 pm

Yep, I'm out at TC. Not playing the What Mood is Nick In game anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 2:35 pm

"He's got too much of Devin in him"
"That's what I'm afraid of"

Doc Happenin and Chaz Rock City like this post

Back to top Go down
adynate

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 2:42 pm

Loooooong-time lurker on CHUD and then Trouble City. Originally went by the name Ady Meet Roy and am now settling on AdyNate. This is the online entertainment forum I've been part of the longest (going on 20 years now!), and it's still my favorite. It has been a pleasure to watch all of you and hear your great (and not-so-great) takes on entertainment. I was genuinely sad to hear about the boards closing down, so I'm going to try lurking on this site and on Discord for a while. Thanks for tolerating my presence!! If I can ever think of something profound to say, I will definitely chip in.

Belloq87, Dock Fight, DailyRich, Call Me Roy Again, Mondguy and Doc Happenin like this post

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 2:51 pm

Speak, be it profound or not!

If we all waited for profound thoughts to express our opinions, this (and all previous incarnations) would be a very quiet place. Hell, I'd almost never post if that were the case!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 2:53 pm

"(not-so-great) takes"

Oh boy, do I have you covered on that one
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:08 pm

I'll have you know, I have only not-so-great takes.

Mondguy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:38 pm

It’s stupid because I really didn’t want to have something like a division happen between forums. I only thought of this place as being a potential regrouping. His announcement of a closure seemed genuine and hard lined enough this time to get this place going. Oh well.

Hammerhead likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:50 pm

Nobody who's paying attention will throw blame at you, Stocks. Nick gave every indication of this being the final closing notice for the boards. The exchange last night on the old boards was not at all reassuring or productive.

And to be blunt: there's no way of knowing how/when Nick will respond re: the future of TC. I think moving ahead here and trying to breathe some life into this place is likely the best way to move forward.

Judas Booth, DailyRich, Mondguy, Doc Happenin, Chaz Rock City and The Schlocketeer like this post

Back to top Go down
atomtastic

atomtastic

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 4:33 pm

I'm staying here. Can't believe Nick is doing this again lol.
Back to top Go down
ArcadeJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 4:36 pm

I agree with Dock completely, and don’t sweat it Stocks. I (and it seems like so many others) are very appreciative of you opening the doors to this place to us all. I like what I’m seeing a lot, and I’m hoping that for once I actually try to pull my weight a little better and participate more.
Back to top Go down
ArcadeJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 4:38 pm

atomtastic wrote:
I'm staying here. Can't believe Nick is doing this again lol.

That lol tells me that you not only believe it, but like most of us, actually probably knew he’d be flip-flopping right on schedule as well.
Back to top Go down
atomtastic

atomtastic

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 4:41 pm

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out Nick's MO.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 4:43 pm

His initial statement that he was closing the board seemed like a business decision. Those are usually cut and dried. With his statement about keeping it open, that shows that this was not a business decision at all, it was an emotional decision. Considering how often he fluctuates on things, he's eventually going to ragequit the site. It's inevitable. May as well cut the cord now.

HP Pufncraft, atomtastic, DailyRich, GojiraCrunch, Mondguy, ArcadeJimmy and Doc Happenin like this post

Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 7:57 pm

That's my read on the situation as well. He's flip flopped on this so many times over the years.

I'm glad he's kept them around for as long as he has but I think Nick's just looking for an excuse to shut it all down.
Back to top Go down
HP Pufncraft

HP Pufncraft

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 8:12 pm

Nick's announcement was kind of soul-crushing to be honest as it came right on the heels of some other big changes in my life (My best friend just got a new job across town and I'll barely get to see her now, which has triggered my anxiety and depression). Even though I don't post a lot outside of the drafts nowadays, I've really grown to love this little community of ours and would miss it dearly.

His flip flopping bugged me as well. I'm not holding out any hope of CHUD/Trouble City surviving.

Long Live CHUD II: Bud the CHUD.

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 8:42 pm

Your opinions are always appreciated, hp

And admittedly, your avatar picture(s) always makes me uh, smile...

HP Pufncraft likes this post

Back to top Go down
Maxwell Patterson

Maxwell Patterson

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 1:20 am

Dock Fight wrote:

Made me pull the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!   Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oldies and Newbies Unite and say hello!
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Welcome to CountingDown :: Introductions-
Jump to: