CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion   THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion EmptyFri May 13, 2022 4:31 pm

Not entirely sure where a dedicated thread should go, here or in Film? Mods, feel free to move this accordingly.

Anyways, this is out on Early Access UHD so uh, I know what I'm doing tonight
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion   THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion EmptySun May 15, 2022 5:58 pm

This is an exceptional art film. It does hit all of the beats of a major blockbuster, but goes about them in its own way. The dude-bros walking in, having watched a commercial on MMA, might've been a bit confused by how...different this is compared to their normal revenge movie. Oh sure, it's very linear but man, does it go to some weird places and I was there for all of it. I will admit that the first half felt at times rushed; but as soon Amleth got to the village it kicks into gear, and then after Kidman's revelation, it goes into overdrive and doesn't let up. I felt so goddamn conflicted. Skarsgaard plays everything that happens after the encounter with his mother so well; the agony, the peace, that burning desire for [INSERT WHATEVER, in this case REVENGE] that I am definitely familiar with; the way he rationalizes his "need" to leave ATJ on the boat to "protect her". It was heartbreaking, and made the final conflict even more impactful. Hell, there were times I was on Fjolnir's side even, especially as a dad.

Gonna go add a whole lot of the shots to the SHOTS thread.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion   THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion EmptyMon May 16, 2022 9:24 pm

I love this and am very eager to revisit it once it hits Blu-ray. I'm also insanely curious to see what Eggers does next, especially since his Nosferatu remake has once again been backburnered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Workyticket

Workyticket

PostSubject: Re: THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion   THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion EmptyMon May 16, 2022 10:21 pm

Can't wait for the 4K blu of this one. The film's just a constant feast for the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion   THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion EmptyWed May 18, 2022 7:27 am

I don't know that I'm going to own this one, but I am planning on watching it again later this year. If for nothing else, I want to drink in the visuals again.
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion   THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion EmptyWed May 18, 2022 10:31 am

It's going to take a lot for another movie to unseat this one as my favorite of the year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion   THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

THE NORTHMAN (2022) Discussion
Page 1 of 1