CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MORBIUS: The Living Ugh-pire Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

MORBIUS: The Living Ugh-pire Discussion Empty
PostSubject: MORBIUS: The Living Ugh-pire Discussion   MORBIUS: The Living Ugh-pire Discussion EmptyThu May 19, 2022 2:08 pm

Uggggghhhhh...?

Okay, so this is out on demand now and since that's how I view things these days, I figured 'what film could be better to watch while I do chores?' And sure enough, this did exactly that. Oh, I have some vacuuming to do and can't hear? Nothing at all was missed. In fact, as a silent movie, it may actually work better; although then you'd have to miss out on Matt Smith clearly being the only guy who understands that he is in a movie called 'Morbius'. He's delightful. I want an entire movie about him.

I think there's a fine 55 minute episode of some Marvel Nights (Knights?) anthology in here. Leto is fine. I actually like him in the role and he is elevated by his betters, in this case Smith and Jared Harris. The CGI is dodgy at best; cool to 13 year old me, and the inevitable connection to the actual MCU makes little to no sense but hey, whatever. This is not a movie for close inspection after all. How was he exactly on the bus that Martine ditched the cops on? Eh, who cares. Don't think about it.

Imma go watch Blade and Blade II.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

MORBIUS: The Living Ugh-pire Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORBIUS: The Living Ugh-pire Discussion   MORBIUS: The Living Ugh-pire Discussion EmptySun May 22, 2022 9:21 am

I haven't watched this yet. I'll get to it eventually, both out of sheer curiosity and the fact that I'm a horror nut. Plus I'm kinda dying to know exactly how much of a mess it is?

I really feel for Matt Smith. This movie went through not one, but THREE rounds of reshoots and part of those entailed his character being completely reworked at one point. He initially had a completely different name and background! That must have really wrecked havoc on the plot.

I also heard recently that towards the end of its theatrical run, the film had been edited to remove the Spider-Man reference out of the credits tag. Was that mention intact in the VOD version you watched?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com

MORBIUS: The Living Ugh-pire Discussion
Page 1 of 1