CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Box Office Discussion Thread

Go down 
+2
Belloq87
Iron Maiden
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

The Box Office Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 03, 2022 4:33 am

Sadly, The Northman isn't grabbing the box office by the horns. I hope Robert Eggers isn't put into director's jail, or, more likely, not giving such a large budget again. The film really should be seen on a big screen.

On the bright side, Everything Everywhere All at Once didn't decline last weekend - and is becoming one of A24's highest-grossing films.

Great Freedom made $68,619 in a week, and I can proudly say I was a factor in that.
Back to top Go down
ArcadeJimmy

PostSubject: Re: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 03, 2022 10:17 am

Man, I gotta get to the theater this week to see Northman. I have Regal Unlimited, so there’s no excuse. Just been busy.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread EmptyWed May 04, 2022 7:45 am

I think Eggers will continue to do fine making films for outfits like A24, Neon, SpectreVision, etc. But yeah, this could be it as far as bigger budget Eggers goes. Then again, based on recent interviews, he might be fine with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread EmptySat May 07, 2022 11:09 am

DOCTOR STRANGE had a $90 million opening day.

Could come close to $200 for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread EmptySat May 07, 2022 12:49 pm

it did something like 36 million on Thursday alone.
Back to top Go down
ArcadeJimmy

PostSubject: Re: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread EmptySat May 07, 2022 4:57 pm

Just got out of Northman, and man was that something. Of course it was pretty F’d up in places, but that’s to be expected from an Eggers movie. I was just glad that it was way better than his Lighthouse movie, which I’d did not enjoy in any way. I’d rank Northman as probably his second best movie behind The Witch, but to be fair, they are obviously way different movies. Glad I saw it at the theater before it was gone.

Now about to head into Dr Strange with the whole fam. Hoping it’s a fun Raimi flick.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread EmptySun May 08, 2022 9:36 pm

Belloq87 wrote:
DOCTOR STRANGE had a $90 million opening day.

Could come close to $200 for the weekend.

Looking like about $450 million worldwide for the weekend. While I'd welcome Raimi back for the inevitable Doctor Strange 3, I just hope this means he gets energized enough to make movies on a regular basis again. Give me a new Sam flick every two or three years. Doesn't matter what it is. I just want more.

Belloq87, ArcadeJimmy and The Schlocketeer like this post

Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread EmptySat May 28, 2022 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread EmptySat May 28, 2022 8:27 pm

Paramount certainly needs franchises, especially if the next MISSIONS: IMPOSSIBLE are the last ones.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread EmptySun May 29, 2022 8:47 pm

I'd happily watch more dogfighting excursions with Teller, Powell, Barbaro, and Pullman - whether Cruise is there or not - so I'm game.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Box Office Discussion Thread   The Box Office Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Box Office Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1