CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha

Go down 
+9
Belloq87
Doc Happenin
Workyticket
Headless Fett
Bucho
Stockslivevan
The Schlocketeer
DailyRich
Dock Fight
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Belloq87

Belloq87

OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 11:54 am

The problem with Leia is way more how the character is written, the scenario that's been concocted for her, and the casting of an actress who looks three or four years younger than she probably should (which isn't the actress' fault).
Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 12:04 pm

Even if it was literally the worst performance in the history of the art form, attacking a performer (especially a kid) is a bad move.

I want to shake the collective internet and say "This isn't working for myself is a perfectly valid critique and leave it at that."

Workyticket likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 3:34 pm

I think we as a society don't deserve Star Wars anymore. Like, they need to stop the tap.

I mean, for them as well, because maybe then they can polish these things up a little more.

Workyticket likes this post

Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 10:36 am

Lil Leia is fine. She isn't even the worst performance by a major character on the this show with like 4 major characters. But the internet needs to leave Moses Ingram alone about that too.

Mondguy and Workyticket like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.frameworkcast.com
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 4:54 pm

Belloq87 wrote:
The problem with Leia is way more how the character is written, the scenario that's been concocted for her, and the casting of an actress who looks three or four years younger than she probably should (which isn't the actress' fault).

The actress just turned 10. Looking at when the show was actually filmed, she was 8 when it started and 9 when it finished.

Usually, they cast older to play younger. Casting younger to play older here definitely did not work.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Workyticket

Workyticket

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 9:23 am

Doc Happenin wrote:
I think we as a society don't deserve Star Wars anymore. Like, they need to stop the tap.

I mean, for them as well, because maybe then they can polish these things up a little more.

Nah, SW fans are trash. And I say that as a lifelong fan myself. I'm at the point where the satisfaction of seeing them lose their collective shit goes a long way towards ameliorating any personal disappointments.

But hey, the fanbase who in no small part fetishised the OBVIOUS SPACE NAZIS in the movies has a tendency to give into knee-jerk anger and aggression? That's true to form. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to cunts who don't understand the entire point of of thing they've built their identity around.

I just Taika follows through on his promise and gives us something completely new in this wheelhouse.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 7:04 pm

Thing is, it's only the vocal Star Wars fans with YouTube channels who are losing their shit. Most folks just enjoy the shows and don't bother posting about it.
Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 10:04 am

(Thunks head against desk)

What was the point of any of that? Why did this series exist beyond being 'Star Wars content'? What did the characters learn? What thematic point is being delivered?

Jesus Harold Christ. I'm not even angry, just bewildered at the resources being thrown to such mediocre story telling.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 10:18 am

Okay, haven't watched yet, but does it end with the Twin Sunsets on Tattooine?
Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 10:33 am

Not quite, but pretty close.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 2:32 pm

I enjoyed this. Was it essential? No. But I’m watching Star Wars these days as if they’re no different from the weekly serials from the 1930s, when people came in to watch something for entertainment, and then moved on with their lives never watching it ever again. That’s become my attitude towards superhero films as well, and it really helps perspective.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3