CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! Empty
PostSubject: WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!   WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! EmptyThu May 19, 2022 7:57 pm

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/daredevil-disney-plus-series-matt-corman-chris-ord-1235272299/

Quote :
A new “Daredevil” series is moving forward at Disney+, with Variety having exclusively learned from sources that Matt Corman and Chris Ord are attached to write and executive produce.

Rumors have persisted for some time that a Disney+ series about the Man Without Fear was in the works, especially considering that two of the stars of the Netflix “Daredevil” series — Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio — have appeared in recent Marvel projects. Cox once again played Matt Murdock, the secret identity of Daredevil, in the film “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” while D’Onofrio reprised the role of Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, in the Disney+ series “Hawkeye.”

It now appears that the project is picking up steam with the hiring of Corman and Ord, although Marvel has yet to announce anything regarding the show formally.

On one hand, I would assume they're bringing back Charlie Cox. It's only been 4 years.

OTOH: Cox hits 40 this year, and might be getting a bit long in the tooth for the constant action sequences.

On the other other hand: Stunt doubles, digital face replacement, and masks.

Just make sure they bring back Deborah Ann Woll and her pencil skirts, please.

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!   WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! EmptyThu May 19, 2022 9:23 pm

There's no way they don't unleash the COX in this, especially in the wake of his NWH appearance.

What I'm most curious about is tone and how "canon" the Netflix show is. Will it be loosely referred to? Or will it be officially made an alternate universe thing and this new "proper" MCU Daredevil shares a vaguely similar past?

My gut tells me the latter, which is fine. I do hope they bring most of the cast back though, assuming they want to return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!   WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! EmptyThu May 19, 2022 11:10 pm

The Schlocketeer wrote:
I do hope they bring most of the cast back though, assuming they want to return.

I hope the same thing.

WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! D503c32a548cbe08031a19a60f3940017b0c2311

Headless Fett, Doc Happenin, Chaz Rock City and The Schlocketeer like this post

Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!   WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! EmptyThu May 19, 2022 11:41 pm

He appeared in No Way Home so it's a given he's reprising his role here.

Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!   WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! EmptyFri May 20, 2022 9:03 am

Int. Matt's Apt

Matt looks out at the NYC streets.

Matt: Huh. Foggy out today. (Pause) Why does that feel familiar? Did I know someone called that? No.no, of course not. That's a terrible name. How silly of me...
Back to top Go down
Bartleby_Scriven

Bartleby_Scriven

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!   WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! EmptyTue May 31, 2022 7:24 am

The funny thing about whether or not the Netflix series is acknowledged...

Much like how post-Disney Star Wars "threw out" the Legends EU, it's all based on the same source material. You eventually get back to the same result even if some tiny details change.

Is Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin a mob boss who was defeated by Daredevil in 2018 and then — regardless of if he went to jail or not — waged a Cold War against Ronin during the Blip? Or is he a mob boss who's about to encounter Daredevil for the first time, whether it be on She-Hulk or Echo or the Daredevil solo series?

It all ends up the same in the end.

Also, I bet any characters who are brought back (Karen, Foggy, the other Defenders, Bullseye) are reprised by the same actors. But a lot of tangential characters (Vanessa?) never get mentioned again, and maybe a new, younger Ben Urich (he could easily be the son of the last guy, who was in his 60s) pops up working for J. Jonah Jameson in a Spider-Man movie.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!   WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! EmptyTue May 31, 2022 9:25 pm

Whenever Bullseye rears his head again, I sincerely hope he's actually like his comic book counterpart and not whatever half-assed over-complicated crap they were attempting with the character in Daredevil S3. I love that show on the whole, but his arc was one of the weakest elements of that entire run.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!   WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! EmptyTue May 31, 2022 10:27 pm

Agreed. I don't think a copycat DD was a bad idea by itself, but using Bullseye for it wasn't the best idea.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!   WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 7:04 pm

Having Bullseye masquerade as DD and murder people is fine. Making Bullseye a frustrated FBI agent pushed towards an assassin life by Kingpin? Not so much.

There was literally no reason that they couldn't have just had him as a fully-formed Bullseye hired by Kingpin to frame and assassinate Daredevil. An out-of-town heavy hitter called in to do what Fisk had failed to for multiple seasons. It was an easy layup and they blew it by trying to overcomplicate (and pad) it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!   WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil! Empty

Back to top Go down

WE NEED MORE COX: Disney Gives Us More Daredevil!
Page 1 of 1