CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha

Go down 
+9
Belloq87
Doc Happenin
Workyticket
Headless Fett
Bucho
Stockslivevan
The Schlocketeer
DailyRich
Dock Fight
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha Empty
PostSubject: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyWed May 04, 2022 9:52 am

The limited series (6 episodes) drops on May 27. Trailer has been released:

Despite my grumpiness at retconning Obi and Vader having another run-in (between Mustafar and the Death Star), I'll admit to being a bit excited...but mostly because I love McGregor in the role.

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyWed May 04, 2022 11:42 am

He's particularly Guinness-y in that scene with Owen.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:14 pm

It's impossible for me to not be excited about McGregor playing Obi-Wan again. Not counting McDiarmid, he's perhaps the only major cast member who came out of the entire Prequel Trilogy completely unscathed.

(Not that I blame the others for stumbling here and there throughout. That's all on George, not them.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyWed May 04, 2022 4:31 pm

I’m sure McGregor put in his contract for actual built sets, given his dismay over the overuse of green screen.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyFri May 06, 2022 3:36 am

They don't need no stinkin' green screens these days anyway, they got that fancy live-background surround screen thing.
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyFri May 06, 2022 3:51 am

That first teaser sold me on this so of course I'm all the way in!
Back to top Go down
Workyticket

Workyticket

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptySun May 15, 2022 4:16 am

Stockslivevan wrote:
I’m sure McGregor put in his contract for actual built sets, given his dismay over the overuse of green screen.

If I ever meet McGregor, I hope to have the presence of mind to troll him by shouting, "LOOK AT THE MOONS! THE MOOONS!!"

Personally, apart from a new trilogy, 'Obi-Wan: The Lost Years' with McGregor back in the role was the one thing I wanted to see from this new era. If they pull it off, that's all I need from Disney.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyFri May 27, 2022 10:04 am

That was absolutely not the hook I expected for this show, but in hindsight, it's really the only thing that could have believably gotten him off of Tattooine.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyTue May 31, 2022 9:28 am

So, what are the chances of us getting a Neeson cameo?
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyTue May 31, 2022 9:47 am

Doc Happenin wrote:
So, what are the chances of us getting a Neeson cameo?

As near to certain as you can get. You can't have two separate instances of Obi-Wan trying to speak to him plus them making sure to show Yoda mentioning Obi-Wan learning how to speak with him in the recap, and then not deliver on it.

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyTue May 31, 2022 11:25 am

Yeah, there's no way they would tease Qui-Gon multiple times like that and not eventually have him appear.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyTue May 31, 2022 1:38 pm

Now whether we just get his voice or full-on shimmering blue ghost is up for debate.
Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyTue May 31, 2022 2:09 pm

It will be a full ghost.  It's as certain as Reva's redemption arc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frameworkcast.com
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyTue May 31, 2022 2:37 pm

I'd be shocked if she didn't - after battling Kenobi - turn to the light, help Obi Wan escape Vader and die in the process. Are there dark side Force users who don't pull a Constantine and convert right before their death?
Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyTue May 31, 2022 3:28 pm

There are a few, but you can bet you last cent that they aren't going to be played by an attractive black woman on Disney+.

Back to top Go down
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 2:32 am

Doc Happenin wrote:
Are there dark side Force users who don't pull a Constantine and convert right before their death?

Maul stayed bad when he died. Both times.

The Schlocketeer likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 10:19 pm

Dooku and Maul both stayed bad.

Although Maul was murkier towards the end. He was ever not a villain, but he became one diametrically opposed to his old master. The enemy of my enemy is still a despicable motherfucker, but sometimes helpful when it suits him...and all that.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 10:22 pm

I suppose the question more was 'Do any dark side users convert and then have to live with it?'
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 10:05 pm

Finally caught up with this. It’s aight. So far like it more than MANDO.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 10:24 pm

Really? While S1 of Mando had some sluggish middle episodes, overall it's easily the best (IMNSHO) of the D+ series.

Kenobi, for me, is plagued with some outright bad writing and continuity-breaking plot points. McGregor does good work but overall, it's been a letdown for me.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 2:45 am

I’m pretty apathetic about MANDO as a whole, I’ve never felt any interest in revisiting episodes. The latest season, aside from an episode or two, just didn’t engage me.

And I’ve only seen two of BOBA FETT. The first episode and the one dedicated to MANDO. I doubt I’ll watch more. Bringing back Boba Fett alive feels worse than what’s been on KENOBI.
Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 9:37 am

Stockslivevan wrote:
I’m pretty apathetic about MANDO as a whole, I’ve never felt any interest in revisiting episodes. The latest season, aside from an episode or two, just didn’t engage me.

And I’ve only seen two of BOBA FETT. The first episode and the one dedicated to MANDO. I doubt I’ll watch more. Bringing back Boba Fett alive feels worse than what’s been on KENOBI.

Same boat. MANDO rarely reaches a level that is actually bad, but in aggregate it has revealed a lack of ambition in anything beyond the aesthetics (which are very nice) that keeps my interest from ever being piqued. It's uninterested in exploring or challenging its characters in any real way, in pushing the new era it ostensibly explores in any but the most obvious directions, in introducing new characters in any way that doesn't adhere to the same formula of a backdoor pilot for their own streaming spinoff series, in generally charting any path of its own that isn't cribbing heavily from animated precursors. It's a series that seems to cry out for an episodic format with loose continuity and a lot of stylistic variation between episodes, that has risen to become the central narrative spine of the Disney era more or less by default, and as a result I don't think it is doing either thing particularly well.

BOBA FETT was just a horrible, uninspired concept, executed with a rare level of indifference that edged past cynical and into farcical.

OBI WAN has Ewan, at least.

Mondguy likes this post

Back to top Go down
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 10:16 am

Schwartz wrote:
but in aggregate it has revealed a lack of ambition in anything beyond the aesthetics (which are very nice) that keeps my interest from ever being piqued. It's uninterested in exploring or challenging its characters in any real way, in pushing the new era it ostensibly explores in any but the most obvious directions, in introducing new characters in any way that doesn't adhere to the same formula of a backdoor pilot for their own streaming spinoff series, in generally charting any path of its own that isn't cribbing heavily from animated precursors.
So, par for the course with Disney Wars.

Mondguy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 7:24 pm

I find I just haven't bothered revisiting Mandalorian at all. It was pleasant enough in Season 1 (and at that point, pleasant was an upgrade for Star Wars), but Season 2 in retrospect was just references and name dropping. I watched one episode of Boba and was bored to tears.

I watched the
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 7:31 pm

I love The Mandalorian thus far and am very much looking forward to the third season. Ditto for the Ahsoka series.

The Book of Boba Fett had some nice moments, but it's an utter mess. The Iron Man 2 to Mando's Iron Man. I love Favreau, but he should never be allowed to write/rework things on the fly, because it never turns out well (i.e. IM2, Cowboys & Aliens, Fett). If we get more Fett, they'd better have someone other than Favreau writing it and they'd better plan it out fully in advance.

I've only seen the first two episodes of Obi-Wan thus far. It's perfectly fine at the moment. Not bad. Not great either. At this point it just feels like a movie that's been padded out, which makes a measure of sense I guess, since it began life as one. Still, McGregor and Edgerton are bringing it and I like the little girl, so I'm good with it for now. Hopefully the writing improves as it goes along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha   OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha Empty

Back to top Go down

OBI-WAN KENOBI on Disney+, sponsored by Mon Motha
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next