CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV) Empty
PostSubject: Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV)   Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 3:29 pm

Marcia Lucas, famously once married to George Lucas, and oft-credited with saving the original Star Wars film in the edit, gives her first on-camera interview for a new docuseries about the franchise.

The interview promises "to provide unique insight into the rise of LucasFilm — including her 14-year marriage to and eventual divorce from George Lucas — the editing of the original Star Wars trilogy, the origin of the idea that Darth Vader would be Luke’s father and if there were really originally plans for nine movies."

Its also includes exclusive interviews with Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams, Paul Hirsch, Phil Tippett, Rick Baker, Ken Ralston, John Dykstra, Howard Kazanjian, Julian Glover, Ian McDiarmid, Gus Lopez, Tom Spina and many more.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/vice-tvs-icons-unearthed-star-wars-series-debuts-with-first-ever-on-camera-interview-with-george-lucas-ex-wife-marcia-1235038275/

Set to air July 12, 2022, on Vice TV. I have no idea if that's a cable channel or it's some kind of streaming service.

DailyRich and The Schlocketeer like this post

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV)   Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV) EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 6:13 pm

I have no clue on the Vice front either, but I definitely want to see this, at least eventually. That said...

"and if there were really originally plans for nine movies."

Oof. I'm really tired of this being relitigated over and over again. Yes, there were plans. Very loose plans, but they were plans all the same. And they were promptly chucked out the window after a couple of years. George wrote and rewrote and rewrote the first film for years before production, frequently majorly shifting the storyline on the fly. And then he did it again repeatedly during writing sessions on ESB and ROTJ. The story was always in flux, for better or worse.

Honestly, I'm glad he chuck his initial loose plans for 6 thru 9 and crammed them all into ROTJ. It was the best possible thing, as opposed to stretching that shit out and diluting both Leia & Vader as characters as a result.

That said, I do find his early 2010s loose plans for a Sequel Trilogy intriguing. I'm not sure if they'd have been better overall than what we got, but I think they're interesting to hear about.

Still, it'll be nice to hear from Marcia and everyone else about the making of the OT, especially all these years later. Give me those juicy, candid details!

Stockslivevan likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV)   Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV) EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 8:37 pm

I remember hearing a 12 film saga.

“Plan” is the wrong word. Idea is more like it. Even with the prequels having a very solid endpoint Lucas still struggled to figure out balancing between storytelling and world building.

Obi-Wan should have been the guy to discover Anakin in TPM, but Lucas felt it was important to show a conventional Jedi master/apprentice before we see Obi-Wan train Anakin, so he ended up making Qui-Gon a much bigger character than he originally was.

Doc Happenin and The Schlocketeer like this post

Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV)   Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV) Empty

Back to top Go down

Marcia Lucas Speaks! Icons Unearthed: Star Wars (Vice TV)
Page 1 of 1