CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013)

Go down 
2 posters

Which is the better of the two?
STAR TREK (2009)
Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013) Vote_lcap33%Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013) Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS (2013)
Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013) Vote_lcap67%Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013) Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013) Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013)   Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013) EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:10 am

Kicking off the Vs. section, I think it's best to pick these two as the first entry as the second film is relatively fresh.

Overall, I found the second flick to be a step up. I'm not crazy about certain choices and the third act went off the rails. However, it felt a lot more like a Star Trek story than the last one. I liked that it took some chances with the characters, whether their arcs were well written is another matter. I don't think Khan came off very well, but at least he's more interesting than Nero. Overall while it fell short for me as a Star Trek installment I did find it entertaining at the IMAX screening. It's always incredible to watch IMAX footage.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Lord Sesuken

Lord Sesuken

Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013)   Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013) EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Darkness felt like a machine gun barrage of action set pieces stuffed with as many superficial callbacks to the older series as possible. It was less a story and more an excuse to see characters do crazy things in colorful environments.

The original wasn't much better, but it felt fresher.
Back to top Go down

Star Trek (2009) vs Star Trek into Darkness (2013)
Page 1 of 1