CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to improve this place.

Go down 
+19
DailyRich
Mondguy
Dock Fight
Hammerhead
Stockslivevan
commodorejohn
justinslot
Belloq87
Bucho
Headless Fett
Schwartz
Crimson-X
SithHunter
Nikon949
bmw_666
The Star Treker
Bane
Demotos
sithlindy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DailyRich

DailyRich

How to improve this place. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 7:42 am

Not to rain on the parade, but while I dig the background color, it's really hard to see the arrow icons next to the post titles on the "Posts since last visit" page. Plus everything seems really small to me.
Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 8:29 am

DailyRich wrote:
Not to rain on the parade, but while I dig the background color, it's really hard to see the arrow icons next to the post titles on the "Posts since last visit" page.  Plus everything seems really small to me.

I'm having a hard time reading any quoted text as well. Shocked
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 9:53 am

Oh wow, same.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Patterson

Maxwell Patterson

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 10:33 am

Yes, tiny on this end as well.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 10:34 am

Fourthed. Quoted text near-impossible to decipher.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 11:27 am

Changing it back to default temporarily. Will go back to that previous skin once I get some of those bits right.

Belloq87, Hammerhead and DailyRich like this post

Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:
Before clicking onto the page, you click the little green page that’s on the left right by the title, NOT where the username is.

Both little green page things take me to the last post (although one says "Newest Post" when highlighted and the other says "Latest Post"). Or maybe I'm being really dense.

I support experimentation with a darker background. Grey on white is not the easiest to parse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frameworkcast.com
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 5:42 pm

Schwartz wrote:
Stockslivevan wrote:
Before clicking onto the page, you click the little green page that’s on the left right by the title, NOT where the username is.

Both little green page things take me to the last post (although one says "Newest Post" when highlighted and the other says "Latest Post").  Or maybe I'm being really dense

I just tried it myself on the Tupocalypse and it lead to the first post that was new, which was yours. For what it's worth, I hit the green on the right side under the username. It's at TC where I have to avoid clicking on the right as it takes me to the latest post, so I mixed that up. On a related note...

I've been trying to look into an option for "view today's posts" to replace "view posts since last visit". Looks like the issue is the same thing that concerned me last week where I noticed that unread posts are rendered "read" after logging out or not browsing for a long period of time. Once I figure that out how to disable that, then that should allow for a "view today's posts" feature.

Which makes the "administration panel" a bit of a pain in the ass because there's no search function that I could see. I have to go page after page to look for something relevant and I haven't had luck beyond altering the basic layout and asthetics. So I'll have to go to one of those phpBB2 to see if there's a solution or some code to make that be a thing.

EDIT: I went onto "Today's active posts" and saw that next to the usernames on the right is a little white page instead of a green page and it leads you to the last post. This is different from viewing on the main page or sub forum where they appear green. Not a fan of this weird inconsistency.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Patterson

Maxwell Patterson

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 8:46 pm

Just wanted to say, digging the black and lavender look!

Stockslivevan and Belloq87 like this post

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 9:06 pm

I like the look, too.
Back to top Go down
HP Pufncraft

HP Pufncraft

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 9:16 pm

I love the color scheme as well.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 9:32 pm

Okay, this is much better. The menu bar at the top is still a little funky, mostly due to the gradient on the text, but otherwise it's clean.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 9:33 pm

Thanks, though expect more tweaks. There's oddities nagging me like text that remains black on people's profiles, which I've been trying to find so it doesn't blend too much with the darker background.

Then bits like the one where "likes" are displayed remain light colored instead of conforming with the skin.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 9:37 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:
Thanks, though expect more tweaks. There's oddities nagging me like text that remains black on people's profiles, which I've been trying to find so it doesn't blend too much with the darker background.

Okay, yeah, just noticed that, especially on my avatar in a thread:

How to improve this place. - Page 3 A1w-EQIeUYeb077aRhxWRkO4ZZYn0c74MU1O-QNGawjRQIbsKeSDubFA8fuUDdjRrjPRz_w8LU_WREzeUSsD9r_hzAmzBzRmJWidHWhqMbQqY7qj5aFPe2G67JPIxRcr5-07sWHPajMUsfOh0RUjkxb-ajT7KlHrugU6AU0RW-2Q5rJqQkXzqX0NdnU5L45td3AioAvSd1LXnko5SpjRh7xwFQP84_sjWtscyLOadCAh2FAeBE2ylt6V3TvwqVGdaa6_WOCtlGNH9Xd7XgrPl7x4d3B5C-jUHAYsC3_0S6a0sGC-0FRRtOZ-enIv4wQGAOSjMjm7fDF_enV4D29MPjRc-LiuWrhA-eeLsW1QvGQb5r2LOE2Q3myrkJc8KepPp1Hkx1f4GyUtRE2IMQVSNJwzEiMy0Z70gAA-Im6F5QlCgTVvsOAxU5GLuTHbl4MoppXIBxJ0TjYPQYioGLVAONhRsvnnVZNd9MrK2D2XvmUne1D2X_Cbkos7bvr_NZ4cN_8Sm9XzPj9Vyp6lQrCmPl8dtlomdRJPr3xnY_pKDO7wAIPa4IKNoTYHoO7_UZ5Z9dZ7qpqXe7KwJ1YZc-AC8o3mIxzISXzCM-tnW8UeNc9GoDfidzeDpmdEoieYEEa46x3dUMsNH3pNTx1zHt4KD5v6ywx1ozDqfGEDvY6Fd73U3nXmJ3ZaFC_SCEJWBONYGXP98rLHYnONUHdAgndjAGA8HUtkhop-KGdhDsr_feQuOLdOL0idUUJoVPnd=w185-h303-no?authuser=0
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 10:13 pm

Pretty much. I'm not finding anything in the admin panel that can help change the font color of that particular text. It's weird, but at least I can now see quote text unlike the last time I tried a dark skin format. I'll just have to keep looking.
Back to top Go down
Hammerhead

Hammerhead

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 2:54 am

Liking the look. But now I'm noticing that long sentences run off the side of the page and I have to scroll over to read them.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 7:20 pm

thumbs up, looking nice.
Back to top Go down
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 7:21 pm

Only real problem I'm having with it is that the reply-box text is white-on-white. Bit difficult to type.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 10:31 pm

Hammerhead wrote:
Liking the look. But now I'm noticing that long sentences run off the side of the page and I have to scroll over to read them.

Where has this happened? Because so far it's not appearing on my end.

commodorejohn wrote:
Only real problem I'm having with it is that the reply-box text is white-on-white. Bit difficult to type.

I just discovered this a minute ago when creating a new thread and not seeing a title I type. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Hammerhead

Hammerhead

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 6:32 am

Stockslivevan wrote:
Hammerhead wrote:

Where has this happened? Because so far it's not appearing on my end.

Looks like it might be my system and/or browser. When I control+ to magnify text the whole layout enlarges, running off the screen. No biggie.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 12:16 pm

the lavender text on white doesn't work (like for seeing who 'liked' a post).

DailyRich likes this post

Back to top Go down
Workyticket

Workyticket

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2022 11:46 am

Could be late to the party on this but... Finding that text for a new topic doesn't show, unless I double click on it, which makes it impossible to edit effectively.

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2022 9:44 pm

I may have to switch back to default and look at other skins. There’s too many issues with trying to keep a darker skin that I want and seeing issues with texts.

For example, topic titles are white because that’s the default text color. There’s no separate section to change color for the title bar.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 3:38 pm

Reverting to default and will do some tweaks from there. I prefer the darker skins, but I can't figure out how to fix the issue of text color when typing new topics as it's always white text on white background. If there's anyone that's more familiar with the intricacies of skin modifications, help is VERY much appreciated.

In the meantime, I'm just using dark mode on my browser.

Belloq87, DailyRich and Headless Fett like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to improve this place.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Welcome to CountingDown :: Comments and Suggestions-
Jump to: