CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to improve this place.

Go down 
+19
DailyRich
Mondguy
Dock Fight
Hammerhead
Stockslivevan
commodorejohn
justinslot
Belloq87
Bucho
Headless Fett
Schwartz
Crimson-X
SithHunter
Nikon949
bmw_666
The Star Treker
Bane
Demotos
sithlindy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

How to improve this place. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 10:28 pm

Just created a music forum for you audiophiles for go wild at.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:30 pm

The biggest thing I notice right away, which is probably a lot more complex to integrate than adding additional subforums, is the lack of a "View First Unread Post" option. I never thought about how great it was to not have to jump to the very end of a thread and scroll backward looking or where you left off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frameworkcast.com
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:41 pm

Before clicking onto the page, you click the little green page that’s on the left right by the title, NOT where the username is.
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:46 pm

Could we get a "Lifestyle" section (or something similar), under which I could create a theme parks thread?

Other people could then start threads for subjects that might fall under a general sort of lifestyle heading.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 2:37 am

Done.

One thing I need to figure out is a feature the old forum had. I notice that when I leave this forum for a certain period of time, unread threads are then set as read (unless more posts were made). This didn’t happen with CHUD City. I could log out, come back a few days later and see the threads still left unread where I can catch up. Need to make that happen here, so I’m going through the admin panel looking for anything relevant to that.

Hammerhead likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 6:51 pm

Some of the movie-specific threads in the "Counting Down" section, including the most important thread on the whole forum (the 2 Top Gun 2 Furious thread), were created before there was a "Films" section.

Any way they can be migrated?
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 7:07 pm

To use the TC parlance, the CountingDown section is basically the Focused Movie Discussion of CD, where it’s all dedicated to upcoming movies. The Films section is the equivalent Movies Miscellany. I thought it helps keep things cleaner that way like it is at TC since I imagine both sections will be busy.

I’m gonna change some of the labels to something less generic and the descriptions to be more specific. Right now a lot of the labeling is just placeholder.

Belloq87 and Bucho like this post

Back to top Go down
Maxwell Patterson

Maxwell Patterson

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 7:36 pm

I think that's a good idea, the only other thing I'd suggest is if you want to bring in new users, it might help to have some cross-section threads that all share the same purpose, description and basic title. Like if there was a "Movie/TV Show/Book/Video Game/Music I'm currently..." thread stickied in each respective section it might give people an easy jumping on point where they know what kind of stuff gets posted there.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Patterson

Maxwell Patterson

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 7:44 pm

Oh, I'd also like to offer that once you settle on a final look and name for the place, I might be able to get us a custom logo, make it all official like.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 7:45 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:
To use the TC parlance, the CountingDown section is basically the Focused Movie Discussion of CD, where it’s all dedicated to upcoming movies. The Films section is the equivalent Movies Miscellany. I thought it helps keep things cleaner that way like it is at TC since I imagine both sections will be busy.

I’m gonna change some of the labels to something less generic and the descriptions to be more specific. Right now a lot of the labeling is just placeholder.

Well shoot, when you put it that way it all makes sense!
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 8:16 pm

Maxwell Patterson wrote:
Oh, I'd also like to offer that once you settle on a final look and name for the place, I might be able to get us a custom logo, make it all official like.

That would be much appreciated! I’ll try out different skins this weekend and see how receptive folks are about them. I’m really not too picky about aesthetics, as I just want the place to be functional and easy to navigate.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell Patterson

Maxwell Patterson

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 9:55 pm

Yeah, I think having a distinct color scheme would be good for giving the place some personality, but as much as I appreciated the vibe of the old CHUD boards they were definitely a bit tough on the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 10:57 pm

Agreed. Anything other than the glaring grey and white would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 10:59 pm

I'm using the Dark Reader extension for Chrome, like I did for TC.
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 11:16 pm

I'm using Dark Reader, as well.

Could be darker still!
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 11:40 pm

I'm all for the darkest of the dark myself:

How to improve this place. - Page 2 Giphy

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 11:56 pm

I too am using the Dark Reader for Chrome, only I'm using it on Brave.

Like some kind of rebel scum.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2022 12:43 pm

Found the merge option! It’s on the bottom “quick mod tools” along with all the other options that’s easily accessible in the “moderate this forum”.
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2022 1:19 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:
Found the merge option! It’s on the bottom “quick mod tools” along with all the other options that’s easily accessible in the “moderate this forum”.

Please merge the DOCTOR STRANGE threads if you can!
Back to top Go down
justinslot

justinslot

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 10:06 pm

Is there a way to add "view today's posts" in the same area where we can view posts since our last visit? TC has options for both and I find myself using "view today's" most of the time...I prefer since it doesn't limit the results to what has been updated since the last time you searched for new posts, it's just all recent activity.
Back to top Go down
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 10:16 pm

That would be nice, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 1:34 am

I’m checking that out.

justinslot likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hammerhead

Hammerhead

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 4:12 am

Digging the new look!
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 5:12 am

Same here. The dark color scheme is very easy on the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 7:07 am

Oooh! This is great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to improve this place.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Welcome to CountingDown :: Comments and Suggestions-
Jump to: