CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to improve this place.

Go down 
+19
DailyRich
Mondguy
Dock Fight
Hammerhead
Stockslivevan
commodorejohn
justinslot
Belloq87
Bucho
Headless Fett
Schwartz
Crimson-X
SithHunter
Nikon949
bmw_666
The Star Treker
Bane
Demotos
sithlindy
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

How to improve this place. Empty
PostSubject: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:50 am

As you noticed, I've created several sections reminiscent of the old forums. I am open to suggestions on how to make this place better to talk about movies and beyond, so please chime in!
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
sithlindy

sithlindy

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:06 am

Already this is a GREAT first step. Should ideas cross my mind, I shall share!
Back to top Go down
Demotos

Demotos

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:08 am

All I know as now I'm glad as fuck I don't have to worry about what I say on here. It's like every family member I've got is keyed in on what I post on Facebook and bitches every time I mutter a cuss word.LOL The only thing that can REALLY make this work is if most everyone actually posts from time to time. It doesn't even have to be anything HUGE just whatever tidbit of info regarding movies, games, or shit even politics, that they come across on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Bane

Bane

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:11 am

Demotos wrote:
All I know as now I'm glad as fuck I don't have to worry about what I say on here. It's like every family member I've got is keyed in on what I post on Facebook and bitches every time I mutter a cuss word.LOL The only thing that can REALLY make this work is if most everyone actually posts from time to time. It doesn't even have to be anything HUGE just whatever tidbit of info regarding movies, games, or shit even politics, that they come across on the internet.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:12 am

It's definitely has some ways to go, just needs to get off the ground. Posting news of tidbits definitely helps stir up discussion so the more the better. With the new Superman film coming out I can see many already chiming in their thoughts whether they're looking forward to it or even better putting in their thoughts after seeing it.
Back to top Go down
The Star Treker

The Star Treker

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:36 am

I will let you know if I have some suggestions. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thestartreker/
bmw_666

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:08 am

We need an RP board. Get that shit rolling!!
Back to top Go down
Nikon949

Nikon949

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:18 pm

You should make a confession page for movies we are ashamed to say we've seen.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:38 pm

bmw_666 wrote:
We need an RP board. Get that shit rolling!!

Done.

Nikon949 wrote:
You should make a confession page for movies we are ashamed to say we've seen.

That was one of my favorites. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nikon949

Nikon949

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
SithHunter

SithHunter

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:41 pm

Demotos wrote:

I'm right there with you on that. I hate have to filter every damn thing I post on Facebook incase one of my family members has a conniption.

As for things that would improve this place, it would be great to get a true homepage with news posts. Similar to the old site but with news that's more recent that 3 years behind this time lol.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:51 pm

You should bookmark this: https://countingdown.forumotion.com/search?search_id=newposts

Directs you to the page where you see threads recently posted since your last visit. Comes in handy to know which topics are generating the most talk.
Back to top Go down
Crimson-X

Crimson-X

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Demotos wrote:
All I know as now I'm glad as fuck I don't have to worry about what I say on here.  It's like every family member I've got is keyed in on what I post on Facebook and bitches every time I mutter a cuss word.LOL  The only thing that can REALLY make this work is if most everyone actually posts from time to time.  It doesn't even have to be anything HUGE just whatever tidbit of info regarding movies, games, or shit even politics, that they come across on the internet.
(quotes a great line from a great movie) What wrong with saying fuck? It doesn't hurt anybody. FUCK FUCFKTY FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!
Back to top Go down
Crimson-X

Crimson-X

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:07 pm

If you are able to change the color scheme, make it black and yellow to match the old site. However I was kind of wondering that even if the old site is dead if Dreamworks would get made over copyright if they ever saw this forum.

Also you could create a news section so or make a sub news section in each catagory (like one under Gaming, one under Superman, etc). If the latter is possible without just having it be a sticky post.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:50 pm

A good suggestion about the sub-news sections, I'll get around to doing that and rearrange some of the threads in more proper sections (ex: MGS would be under general gaming, E3 reports under news). As for copyright, that has occurred to me but at the same time they've never really shown much concern in the original site. We got away with a lot of things on that site that would were taken for granted like posting copyright images and such that any normal site under a major studio would probably be concerned about. I do intend on altering the banner, but for now like the rest of this forums it's more of a starting point.
Back to top Go down
The Star Treker

The Star Treker

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:36 am

You know I tried to add photos, videos or links in a post but they seem not to work just keep me in the editor mode which is weird.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:15 am

Yeah there seems to have been a big switchover with the editor format, as it happened in another forum I visit. It does work though, as I was able to post the new Hobbit trailer earlier today.

If you want to switch to the old style just click on the button to the right that resembles a printed paper. That switches the editor format back to the old one. After clicking that, the format will stay that way for future posts.
Back to top Go down
The Star Treker

The Star Treker

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:56 pm

I know I just did that and I re-edit my post and add a photo of the Enterprise-J and I got this message.

"New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 am

Though I disabled that restriction. I'll check it out again.
Back to top Go down
Demotos

Demotos

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Hey, Jim, I've tried to post several stories/links the past few days but the site won't let me.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:50 pm

I've disabled the restriction, you should be able to post links now.
Back to top Go down
Crimson-X

Crimson-X

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:32 pm

ive uploaded an image into my signature but it doesn't show up with any of my posts.

Um well nvm I guess the change doesn't happen till you make a new post after editing the sig.
Back to top Go down
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 2:21 pm

Is there any way to enable the selection of "Don't show signatures" and/or "Don't show avatars" in preferences?
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 2:27 pm

Would love a forum/subforum for music, continuing our What Songs Are Owning You and Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread.
Back to top Go down
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 8:14 pm

A general-chat section would definitely not go amiss. Politics could probably be folded into that, or made a subforum thereof.

HP Pufncraft likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to improve this place.   How to improve this place. Empty

Back to top Go down

How to improve this place.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Welcome to CountingDown :: Comments and Suggestions-
Jump to: