CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com Empty
PostSubject: CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com   CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 12:57 pm

Welp, he's finally done it. After over a decade of talking about it, CLERKS III is almost here. Looks to be getting a two-night Fathom Events theatrical run on September 13th & 15th, followed by undetermined VOD release and Smith also roadshowing it around the country in the fall.

My thoughts on this are mixed. The trailer looks fine, albeit largely just Smith poking fun at himself for 90 or so minutes. I know the catalyst for him finally making it happen was the fact that he had a near-fatal heart attack in 2018 - which clearly informs the plot of this film - so there's certainly a personal passion behind it. And I do love CLERKS II. But it also saddens me to see him only being able to make these kinds of films at this point. It's sort of a George A. Romero thing now: you're glad to see him making movies and happy that he's finding ways to make them personal, but you also wish it wasn't always forced to be in the same format (be it Jay & Silent Bob or zombies).

I still haven't gotten around to JAY & SILENT BOB REBOOT, so I guess I'll be catching up with that one before this as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com   CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 6:55 pm

Watching that made me feel 19 all over again, which was probably the peak of my interest in all things Kevin Smith.

I haven’t really seen a movie of his since ZACK & MIRI (which I revisited on Netflix, still like). I do think his best stuff tends to be something that he has more of a personal connection, which is a lot of his early films because he still had something to say.

I do listen to his podcasts still, and everything he describes about his more recent films like TUSK and YOGA HOSERS sound exactly like what they are: stoner mad libs.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com   CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 3:29 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:
I do listen to his podcasts still ...

Just the main show Stocks, or also the spin-offs?
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com   CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 4:17 pm

The trailer's fine but I'll watch this when it hits VOD and not before. I really hope sneaks a reference to the short lived Clerks animated series in there as well.

My favorite Smith film will always be MALLRATS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com   CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com Empty

Back to top Go down

CLERKS III, sponsored by MoviePoopShoot Dot Com
Page 1 of 1