CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness Empty
PostSubject: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyThu May 12, 2022 11:45 pm

This comes out on March 31 2023

Hayden Panettiere will be returning as Kirby.
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/scream-6-hayden-panettiere-kirby-reed-1235264719/

I hope Campbell and Cox don't return for this. I think Sam is a strong enough character to build a movie around. They can play with the whether or not she gives in to her dark side.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 5:16 pm

Courtney Cox has already been confirmed as returning for it, alongside fellow returees Melissa Barrera, Jenna Ortega, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Mason Gooding, and the aforementioned Hayden Panettiere.

Neve Campbell has not yet been confirmed, but is expected back. I figure we'll get an official confirmation on her end - as well as a list of newcomers - fairly soon, as production is supposed to kick off later this month.

I don't think this series will ever have the guts to kill off Sidney, but I do wonder if Gale's number might finally be up in this one. I kinda hope so. Either that or she needs written out by the end. If this franchise is going to keep continuing beyond Scream 6, I really don't need Sidney & Gale back for every entry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 10:07 pm

I wish they would have taken the opportunity to fully move away from the old cast.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 2:56 pm

We've cut out Dewey now, so Gale seems primed to go next. Especially since she was originally supposed to die in Scream 4. Hopefully they can focus on the new characters enough that any future Scream 7 can be carried solely by them. It's definitely time to let the old guard go.
Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 1:47 am

Neve Campbell confirms she won't be in Scream 6
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3718011/neve-campbell-confirms-she-wont-return-for-scream-6-with-official-statement/

Campbell has always been great in the role, but I want to see something different in the next movie. What I want most from a Scream movie is to be surprised. The first time I saw Scream 96 I had a blast not knowing what crazy thing was going to happen next. Sidney has been though enough. She has earned a happy Ghostface free family life.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 7:17 pm

Cox as the only OG cast member is this (barring more phantom Skeet) is perfectly fine by me, especially since I fully expect them to kill Gale off.

Focusing on the new characters (and I guess Kirby) going forward is the best possible choice here.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 11:48 pm

I'm all for more Billy Loomis as the personification of Sam's dark side.

The Schlocketeer likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 5:41 pm

Sam going full-tilt Norman Bates - especially Psycho sequels' Norman - with a phantom Billy on her shoulder as her version of "Mother" from here on out would be GREAT. And a nice way to shake things up so that it's not just strictly following the typical Scream formula over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 12:05 am

That's roughly what I'm hoping to see.
Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 1:19 am

Scream 6 will be set in New York City
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3718926/ghostface-takes-manhattan-scream-6-will-take-place-in-new-york-city/

Personally I hope this movie title is Scream: New York Groove
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 1:37 am

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 9:00 pm

It being NYC-set makes Gale's inclusion even more organic than just "Here she goes diving into the middle of it again!"
Back to top Go down
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 11:58 am

Some rad poster designs by CREEPYDUCKDESIGN on IG.Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness 6a216510
Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness 2d710010
Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness 966a1410
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 12:15 pm

Those are fun!

Call Me Roy Again likes this post

Back to top Go down
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 12:19 pm

Right??

I hope this movie really learns from the mistakes of Jason Takes Manhattan and toys with NYC conventions more.

Would love to see Ghostface stalking them through a crowded street using a long lens, akin to something from a shot from like, Crocodile Dundee, where it is just a sea of people on the sidewalk.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness   Scream 6 Pre-release  Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness Empty

Back to top Go down

Scream 6 Pre-release Brought to you by meta narratives and self awareness
Page 1 of 1