CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halloween Ends Pre-Release

Go down 
+2
Belloq87
Call Me Roy Again
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

Halloween Ends Pre-Release Empty
PostSubject: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 2:03 pm

Cinema Con showed off a trailer consisting of some clips from the previous two, with new footage of Laurie and Myers going at it in a kitchen. Pretty bruta from the details (her face smashed through a cabinet then thrown across the room).

What are we thinking the direction they will be taking this in?

They seemed to have walked back the idea that he is human in Kills, will they continue in the direction of him “transcending” and becoming more in line with what Carpenter envisioned him to be originally?
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:43 pm

I'll be fascinated to see how this wraps up.

I think H2O's climax was basically the perfect ending for Laurie and Michael, and I don't expect they can top that.
Back to top Go down
HP Pufncraft

HP Pufncraft

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 1:40 am

I'm curious/nervous how they're going to work COVID/The Pandemic into the story. It feels like an unnecessary distraction from Michael and Laurie's final showdown.
Back to top Go down
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 10:17 am

HP Pufncraft wrote:
I'm curious/nervous how they're going to work COVID/The Pandemic into the story. It feels like an unnecessary distraction from Michael and Laurie's final showdown.

I have a theory that if they use Covid at all, it will be a passing reference or, to play alongside a theme of the film that I think would be cool:

Michael is Halloween Ends is representative of COVID itself. After his wipeout of some of the population, Halloween is now cancelled, and during the holiday, people go on lockdown in their homes (the ones that haven’t fled Haddonfield completely ).

The people who doubt the danger of Michael , and who continue to celebrate it, are inevitably left open as victims to him.

I think we will see the possibility of a Haddonfield that went a few years of celebrating , and now in 2022, are easing back into festivities, only to have him return (another Covid wave) and leave more destruction behind.
Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptySun May 01, 2022 5:44 pm

While I didn't like Halloween Kills, I do plan on seeing this just to see how this trilogy will end. I'm going in open minded, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptySun May 01, 2022 6:21 pm

I have absolutely no idea how they will cap this off. But I'm also not worried either? Halloween Kills was a mess (albeit an enjoyable one for me), but the pressure is off on Ends for me for one simple reason...

Miramax.

Miramax owns a stake in the franchise and Paramount now owns Miramax. So no matter how Ends...err...ends - be it good or bad - odds are high that Paramount will launch their own new Halloween thing sometime within the next decade.

As a result, I'm kinda just along for the ride on this one. And even if it's as messy as Kills was, I'll be shocked if the franchise ever produces something worse than Halloween 5 or Resurrection again. So it's all good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Russell Faraday

Russell Faraday

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyMon May 02, 2022 1:33 pm

I'm absolutely along for the ride, and we can rest assured that "EVIL DIES TONIGHT!" will not be part of that ride.

Right?

Right?

Call Me Roy Again and The Schlocketeer like this post

Back to top Go down
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyMon May 02, 2022 11:42 pm

To think that Paramount could own Ghostface, Myers AND Jason…

If I’m not mistaken, when (and if) the settlement clears up, is Jason heading back to Paramount?
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyTue May 03, 2022 12:42 am

Call Me Roy Again wrote:
when (and if) the settlement clears up, is Jason heading back to Paramount?

I think, but the whole situation is a mess, so I'm not fully sure.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyTue May 03, 2022 10:26 am

No, it's with Warner Bros./New Line.

Back when WB was aching to be a part of Interstellar, they licensed Friday the 13th back to Paramount in 2013, so that they'd let WB co-produce Interstellar with them. But there was a catch to the deal: Paramount had to make a movie within five years or the rights would revert back to WB. Paramount developed various iterations of a new Jason flick, but ultimately never produced any of them. So WB has had the rights back since the end of 2018.

The only reason we haven't had a new film since then is due to the on-going legal battles between Cunningham and Miller. Now that the case is resolved, those two will have to come to some sort of financial arrangement before WB can crank out a new movie.

Belloq87 and Russell Faraday like this post

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 5:18 pm

This film apparently had some recent in-house screenings at Blumhouse and Universal, which means that test screenings aren't far off. Which in turn means that there will be spoilers abound online, given how leaky the H18 and Kills test screenings were. So.....consider yourself warned.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 10:08 pm

I'm expecting a teaser either next week (to run before JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION) or in mid July (to run before NOPE).
Back to top Go down
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 12:28 pm

Preparing myself by unfollowing the subreddit for Halloween Movies and abstaining from trailers online or movies in theatres that may carry it.

I want to go in completely blind.

Nearly did with Kills aside from a couple of pictures and I had a blast.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 2:59 pm

A teaser in front of Nope seems insanely likely.
Back to top Go down
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 6:48 pm

Possibly Black Phone as well?
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 9:49 pm

Good point! I keep forgetting that one hits in a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 9:56 am

Anyone have any thoughts on the trailer or theories as to how this may end?

I’m seeing Nope this weekend and taking in the first trailer viewing as well.
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 10:40 am

I'm expecting it's not going to be as straightforward as the teaser is presenting it.
Back to top Go down
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 11:53 am

I’m hearing interesting theories involving this Corey Cunningham character and his possible involvement with the “Christine” influence… other than his last name…
Back to top Go down
Call Me Roy Again

Call Me Roy Again

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 11:12 am

Everyone pumped on the 14th!

Stoked to see that it’s on IMAX, gonna buy my tickets and maybe see it on the 13th.

Hoping I’m not talking to an echo on here, everyone seemed to give up on this place already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Ends Pre-Release   Halloween Ends Pre-Release Empty

Back to top Go down

Halloween Ends Pre-Release
Page 1 of 1