CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CHUD City migration

Go down 
+15
Dock Fight
DailyRich
Headless Fett
Doc Happenin
Judas Booth
DerekM
Mondguy
Crimson-X
Stockslivevan
commodorejohn
Belloq87
Schwartz
HP Pufncraft
Maxwell Patterson
Bucho
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

CHUD City migration - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 1:01 pm

I'll keep checking in here - this isn't the first time Nick's done this, and I'm not sure it'll be the last.
Back to top Go down
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 1:03 pm

I'm here for the duration. I kinda burned my bridges at TC and I prefer the vibe here.

Call Me Roy Again likes this post

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 1:06 pm

I think having this place as a fallback is still important, and I appreciate the work getting it ready should TC go dark (for real).

Stockslivevan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 1:08 pm

I hate that we are held thrall to the whims of wishy-washiness. Worse, that I bounce back and forth due to the same.
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 3:18 pm

I see this place as a fresh(ish) start for me as well as others. It's definitely more chill and I enjoy that a lot.

Mondguy and Roke like this post

Back to top Go down
HP Pufncraft

HP Pufncraft

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 7:31 pm

Judas Booth wrote:
Doc Happenin wrote:
I understand that we have been invited here and many thanks. I wonder, if past and present would like to vote on some sort of new header image for the main forum?

Something like a 60 Minutes timer, maybe?  Or maybe a gif of Europe singing 'The Final Countdown?'  Or maybe just a picture of Salma Hayek's rack?

Over a month late but I second this motion.

I'm still pissed at Nick as his initial announcement kind of ruined my adventure draft. There were a lot of great lists and we should've had matches but he sucked the fun out of everything. And now he's just going to flip-flop?

I'm mostly a lurker there anyway but I see myself posting on TC even less after this whole fiasco. I'm grateful that for now at least we have this place as a more reliable alternative.

Hammerhead likes this post

Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 10:37 am

It all feels like the girlfriend who dumped you for the third time but promises the fourth will be different, really, I promise. I'm not going back.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 2:50 pm

Belloq87 wrote:
I think having this place as a fallback is still important, and I appreciate the work getting it ready should TC go dark (for real).

Definitely.

I don’t really blame anyone for wanting to stick with TC or CD. I just wish Nick didn’t seem so definitive about closing BEFORE asking a few days later “should I keep it up?”

Belloq87, Call Me Roy Again and Doc Happenin like this post

Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 4:02 pm

Doc Happenin wrote:
I hate that we are held thrall to the whims of wishy-washiness. Worse, that I bounce back and forth due to the same.

Yeah. My presence at TC is GREATLY diminished, at least for now. And I don't have a handle on how to do multiple quotes in a post, but I want to second what Belloq said about having this place ready just in case.

I'll admit that I'm feeling a bit torn; I don't want to reward Nick's behavior (and I'd like to get more concrete commitment and information out of him) but I miss the larger group of folks.

Back to top Go down
Roke

Roke

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 4:18 pm

The TC situation doesn't really seem healthy to me.

Call Me Roy Again and Workyticket like this post

Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 4:27 pm

How else am I going to get my news if not from Iron Maiden in the Politics forum? From a NEWSpaper? Like a plebe? Good day, sir. I say 'good day'!
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 7:11 pm

I think it's kind of telling that he posts about being a better father to his "third child" and hasn't posted on the site since.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 8:00 pm

Roke wrote:
The TC situation doesn't really seem healthy to me.

A friend (who was on CHUD and TC but left a good while ago) called Nick everyone's "abusive boyfriend."

Roke and Workyticket like this post

Back to top Go down
Workyticket

Workyticket

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 8:41 pm

Honestly, the reason I started posting again here as opposed to TC is because I was sick of Nick's bullshit, so I'm happy to keep going here. I'll check in on TC, maybe even post on there from time to time, but I don't know how much. As an ex-CHUD writer who quit pretty abruptly, I never felt comfortable popping my head up again on those boards.

I remember at one point he started snarking about CHUD people lurking on TC and never posting. While I don't think he was talking about me specifically - I'm sure a ton of the old guard were doing the same thing and, like me, debating with themselves as to whether they should join in - that wasn't exactly an incentive.

To be frank, the healthiest thing this community could do is to walk away from the Nick/Devin era for good, and it's sad that his cheerleader squad won't/can't do it.

DailyRich, Mondguy, Headless Fett and Roke like this post

Back to top Go down
Chief Zabu

Chief Zabu

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 11:43 am

I'll check into TC but I think I'll hang around here. The vibe is much more chill. And I second Iron Maiden's contributions to the political forum.

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 5:19 pm

I understand the frustration with the back and for at TC, especially for Stocks who put a lot of work into creating this place as a viable landing pad. But while I find the back and forth on Nick's part aggravating as well, come on with some of these comparisons to abuse or parental neglect or whatever. We're not talking about abuse, we're talking about a guy who periodically gets racked with doubt about whether nostalgia and inertia are a good enough reason to keep running a website a decade after he stopped being really invested in what goes on there, until reminded that it still means something to the people using it even if it doesn't to him.

That whole process is tedious for sure. There are plenty of ways he could do things better for himself and everyone else, and I don't blame anyone in the slightest if they don't want to deal with any of that stuff in their leisure time. But it's not even like we're paying customers over there with a right to expect some level of service. It was a nice place to hang out for free, and if it isn't that anymore then it's a bit sad for those of us that have been doing it a long time, but it's not a story so sad it needs a villain. It's not abuse, it's just whatever.

That's my 2 cents, anyhow. Thanks for putting in the work here, Stocks, I'm going to try to keep frequenting both spots but I'll also understand if you should get fed up at some point and decide it's not worth the bother here either.

Belloq87 and Hammerhead like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.frameworkcast.com
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 5:30 pm

I don't disagree about the hyperbole, schwartz, but I do think there's a little more to it than just that, even if I'm not certain what. This time as with the last, it was hard to avoid the impression that Nick sort of resents the boards for taking on a life of their own instead of remaining as an accessory to whatever projects he's got going on. If it were merely a matter of financial or administrative burden, well, we've offered to help with that, many times, and he's continually rejected any such suggestions (although he did finally relent and accept help with the hosting costs.) So clearly there's more to it than just that - and the noises he made about not wanting "fragmentation" and getting us engaged with his new thing give a pretty clear idea of what - but he won't come out and say what it is that he wants out of us or the boards as an entity.

Mondguy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 6:01 pm

Very grateful to Stocks for setting this place up, and I agree it is annoying to not understand how TC/Chud's future is going. So strange to have said the goodbyes but the ship hasn't sailed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHUD City migration   CHUD City migration - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CHUD City migration
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2