CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Westworld (HBO)

Go down 
+5
Schwartz
Headless Fett
Judas Booth
Doc Happenin
Dock Fight
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

Westworld (HBO) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westworld (HBO)   Westworld (HBO) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 9:55 am

JB is correct.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: Westworld (HBO)   Westworld (HBO) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 10:08 am

Just wrapped up episode 7, wherein we learn THERE IS ANOTHER LEVEL TO THIS GAME. And that's one of the problems with the writers: they love their mazes, their labyrinths, their 'oh aren't we so clever!' explanations. It wasn't Rehoboam that was the mastermind, it was Solomon - and that was actually Serac's brother; see, he came up with the plan, yada yada yada. You can buy it in the first and second season because it's wrapped up in the park; it's a closed system, as it were. Here, they're just trying really, really hard to get that #1 record again, and it shows.

Plus, giving Caleb this weird memory-altered past really ruins him. He worked because he was just this random lowlife who had an interesting backstory that it seemed like Dolores just happened to run into (rewatches show this is not the case). His journey was one of enlightenment, of seeing the world like Dolores did in season 1. But then they go too far in making him into Dolores, by crafting this intricate and manipulated history for him that undercuts the progress he made; now, he did this because it was all someone else's plan. His agency is gone. Ironic, really. And they just sorta turn Dolores into the Joker, who is so smart she's 10 steps ahead of everyone and literally everything that has to go right for her goes right.

Cool fight between her and Maeve, tho.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: Westworld (HBO)   Westworld (HBO) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 11:09 am

Doc Happenin wrote:
Cool fight between her and Maeve, tho.

Westworld (HBO) - Page 2 Giphy

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: Westworld (HBO)   Westworld (HBO) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 8:47 pm

Finale time!

The 'previously ons' in this show are only less infuriating than Mad Men's 'next time' because at least we've seen this.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: Westworld (HBO)   Westworld (HBO) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 8:01 am

Okay. Season 4 opener was definitely a reset back towards season 3. I can't say I was the biggest fan, though I sure as hell am glad I rewatched 2&3 because they just toss you the fuck in. You can feel Lisa Joy's fingerprints all over this; how she loves to tease, confuse and misdirect. And don't get me wrong, what is being teased and hinted at is...interesting enough, I suppose. In a 'well, it's Westworld so they're gonna do a whole Matrix within a Matrix thing'. Where is Dolores? Is she in the real world, or did she make it to the Sublime after she was killed last season? I'm guessing the latter, and she was given admin powers...somehow.

It does just go to show you that while creative stuff is fun to watch, it's all bullshit to make.

Aaron Paul is punching waaaay above his weight with his wife. Cute kid. I always enjoy me a good Butlerian Jihad, and hope we can see more of how the world is coping without AI. Caleb is going through some stuff, but like every husband told he's just being paranoid by his long suffering wife, he is vindicated in the end! Take that, woman, I was right! They are after me!

Awkward having the kid fire a gun being literally the first thing we see of her.

The hell does Maeve do all day in her cabin in the middle of nowhere? I'm assuming drink a lot? Glad to see her back in action.

So, Robo-Harris killed the cartel who runs the Hoover Dam with I'm assuming, robe-flies. Seems...inefficient, and was hoping it'd be cooler. I guess they're saving that for later in classic Westworld fashion. It seems like the Sublime is located in the server farm inside the Dam. My guess is William has to ferret Bernard out in order to gain access.

Nobody expected a Westworld opener to answer more questions than it asks but I am left with almost nothing but questions.

But...Teddy! Looking good, James Marsden. The show missed you.
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: Westworld (HBO)   Westworld (HBO) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 5:07 am

So I waited a bit to dive into the new season and I'm glad I did. Finished Episode 4 tonight and holy shit is all I can really say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westworld (HBO)   Westworld (HBO) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Westworld (HBO)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Media :: Television-
Jump to: