CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK

Go down 
+11
Roke
Belloq87
Jones
Bucho
Dock Fight
DailyRich
boone daniels
The Schlocketeer
Judas Booth
Molt Prime
Stockslivevan
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bucho

Bucho

I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK Empty
PostSubject: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 9:22 pm

Reviews out of Cinemacon say this is the best since Empire.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 9:24 pm

So that means in a few months after the honeymoon it’s actually the worst.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 9:25 pm

They say it's surprisingly emotional Stocks.

EMOTIONAL!
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 9:28 pm

So we’ll be as devastated like when Goose died in the first.

Oh yeah, spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 10:10 pm

My expectations for the actual story are pretty low/level. I'm just hoping for some great dogfights/aerial stunts and Cruise at his most Maverick-y.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 10:14 pm

Flash Gordon wrote:
My expectations for the actual story are pretty low/level. I'm just hoping for some great dogfights/aerial stunts and Cruise at his most Maverick-y.

Pretty much like the first. Cool looking dog fights, terrible human drama (aside from Goose dying).
Back to top Go down
Molt Prime

Molt Prime

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu Apr 28, 2022 11:30 pm

Any word on the new volleyball scene?
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 9:17 am

No one actually plays volleyball. It's just ten minutes of guys oiling each other up and admiring their work.

The Schlocketeer likes this post

Back to top Go down
boone daniels

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 9:46 am

I'm excited for this, but I'm also hoping this is the year that Glen Powell truly levels up. That guy has been a star on the fringes for a while.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:42 am

Flash Gordon wrote:
No one actually plays volleyball. It's just ten minutes of guys oiling each other up and admiring their work.

I hope someone flexes their muscles as they check their watch.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:50 am

I'm so pumped for this. I have fond memories of seeing TOP GUN theatrically back in 1986 and I sure hope this gives me the same rush.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptySun May 01, 2022 6:05 pm

I'm genuinely looking forward to this. My expectations aren't high or anything. All I need are some cool plane stunts and to see a grinning Cruise thumb his nose at cocky recruits and cranky military personnel.

And maybe some Kenny Loggins.

Belloq87 and Doc Happenin like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
boone daniels

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyFri May 06, 2022 5:02 pm

Jennifer Connelly looks amazing in that footage from the Gaga video.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyFri May 06, 2022 5:13 pm

I was never a huge fan of the first film -- I was too pissed about it making more money than Aliens that summer -- and I'm not sure I get the hype about these revolutionary "cameras that put you in the cockpit!!!!" (um, they're called POV shots, we've had them for decades), but that trailer killed on a big screen.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyFri May 06, 2022 5:23 pm

I loved this and ALIENS! (Summer 1986 was a good summer for movies.) I love it in the way that's often disparaged: it's not really a good movie but it's a fun movie and just so ridiculous that it can be a blast to watch. But because I'm aware of the actual quality of the 1986 film, my expectations for this are not...sky high (please excuse the Fleedism).

And boone, yeah. Connelly looks gorgeous. She's aged very well.
Back to top Go down
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyFri May 06, 2022 6:49 pm

Dock Fight wrote:
I love it in the way that's often disparaged: it's not really a good movie but it's a fun movie and just so ridiculous that it can be a blast to watch. But because I'm aware of the actual quality of the 1986 film ...

The first movie is near perfect. Off the top of my head the one "bad" bit is the inverted shot, where the cockpits are shown about a metre apart, which would only be possible if you chopped the vertical stabilizers off.

Aside from that ... flawless.

DailyRich wrote:
I was never a huge fan of the first film -- I was too pissed about it making more money than Aliens that summer -- and I'm not sure I get the hype about these revolutionary "cameras that put you in the cockpit!!!!" (um, they're called POV shots, we've had them for decades), but that trailer killed on a big screen.

I think the hype is that they got IIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX cameras in the cockpit.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyMon May 09, 2022 7:37 am

Tickets bought - seeing this on Sunday the 29th.

This, of course, requires a rewatch of the original film between now and then.
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyMon May 09, 2022 6:21 pm

I was just thinking that. I just thought 'We definitely need to watch the first one again'
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu May 12, 2022 1:02 pm

Variety gives the movie a very positive review:

https://variety.com/2022/film/reviews/top-gun-maverick-review-tom-cruise-1235263820/

I really love how they connected Connelly's character to the first movie (seriously).

And, as suspected, Kilmer has just one scene in the film (and they apparently incorporated his throat cancer as well - I'd guessed that, like the Amazon doc, they'd use his son to dub his lines, but nope).

I'm going to try to keep my expectations low...but could this actually be a non-ironically great movie?

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu May 12, 2022 1:12 pm

Most of the reviews are very positive.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu May 12, 2022 1:14 pm

I've been reading that but this was the first actual review I've seen.

Frankly, as long as it's a good time, it'll be successful for me. If it's an actual well-made movie, that's just icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu May 12, 2022 1:25 pm

MAVERICK = ROCKY BALBOA or CREED?
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu May 12, 2022 2:12 pm

Maverick is still the focus, so... ROCKY BALBOA.
Back to top Go down
Roke

Roke

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyThu May 12, 2022 4:52 pm

I'd love it if this turns out to be the movie equivalent of Cobra Kai.

The Schlocketeer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK EmptyFri May 13, 2022 8:37 am

I love how most reviews have this 'Wait, what? Really?' sense to them.

I don't want to get excited...but I am getting excited. I love Tom Cruise (TM) and am looking forward to seeing this with my dad on as big a screen as humanly posdible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK   I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK Empty

Back to top Go down

I feel the need, the need for TOP GUN MAVERICK
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Media :: CountingDown-
Jump to: