CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bad movies you enjoy.

Go down 
+3
Demotos
Nikon949
Stockslivevan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

Bad movies you enjoy. Empty
PostSubject: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:49 pm

This is where it gets fun. There are lots of movies that are generally considered bad, but even they have their fans. This is where you "confess" to the bad films you not only saw but enjoyed. Here's mine:

Moonraker - The one that has James Bond goes to space. It's completely outrageous and is at odds with everything the series stood for. Yet I actually enjoy it because it is so absurd and cartoonish but for me in a good way. Besides that, it does have some really great stunts going for it such as the skydiving sequence at the very beginning. You can accuse this film of many things, but you can never call it lazy. And unlike DIE ANOTHER DAY, it's not dull.

Alien Resurrection - The third one concluded Ripley's arc and logically that should have been it for her. FOX could have gone anywhere else with this franchise such as Alien Vs Predator, but instead they decided to go with the story involving Ripley's clone. Why? I'll never understand the point in bringing her back. Last year I bought the blu-ray box set with the first four films and they did a great job with the HD treatment, especially the James Cameron film which has never looked better. And to my surprise I actually enjoyed watching AR, not on the same level as the first three. It's more like an R-rated Saturday morning cartoon with all sorts of weird shit. And Joss Whedon wrote this! What the hell? This is what I definitely call a guilty pleasure, and I'll take it over Prometheus for sure.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Nikon949

Nikon949

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:36 pm

The Fifth Element.

Some people hate this movie. I however LOVE this masterpeice. It has the amazing visuals. It thinks outside the box on where in 500 years what life will be like on Earth and outer space. It's a good popcorn flick for sure.

Another is

HACKERS

This movie is so bad and cheesy it does what others can't and becomes good.

Ill and more when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Demotos

Demotos

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Off the top of my head:

Point Break. One of the best movies EVER made! Okay, maybe it's not that good but this is a damn good movie. I mean seriously, what's better than surfers dressed up as ex presidents robbing banks??

Road House. Yep, two Swayze movies made my list. As Family Guy pointed out, Road House proves that any problem can be solved by kicking the crap out of people.

Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't know anyone who doesn't like THE FIFTH ELEMENT and I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like it. It's one of my favorite sci-fi/action flicks. It just WORKS. It's thrilling and hilarious. Chris Tucker nearly steals the show.

I've seen POINT BREAK once. I liked it, and I generally like most things featuring The Buse.

Speaking of The Buse, I actually enjoy PREDATOR 2. It's batshit crazy, Danny Glover is a different kind of protagonist but always awesome to watch I think. But again, The Buse factor really makes it enjoyable. "LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS, OH MY." That fucker is from another planet! The Buse, not the predator.
Back to top Go down
Darth Symbiote

Darth Symbiote

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Killer Klowns From Outer Space! I was young when I first saw the movie late one night on TV and ever since then I've been intrigued by what I watched. It is like no other film I've ever seen and will ever see (probably).

I loved Point Break lol and I'm a big Swayze fan, so Road House was watched plenty of times along with Ghost.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm

I saw Killer Klowns back in high school, I really dug how insanely awesome it was. Alien clowns with popcorn guns and pie cream made out of acid? They just don't make movies like that anymore.
Back to top Go down
sithlindy

sithlindy

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:17 pm

jim_8705 wrote:
This is where you "confess" to the bad films you not only saw but enjoyed.

Catwoman with Halle Berry. It was beyond horrible I know, but I actually found it sorta fun. Maybe it's the girl power thing? I dunno. Even thinking about it now, it was such a bad movie lol.

Pretty much any movies that belong to M. Night Syamalan that are generally "bad" by the viewing audience, I really enjoyed. Yes, this includes Lady in the Water (which I thought was very original and a great story), and The Happening, which was also original and very enjoyable.

Piranha3D Totally loved that one, but mostly because it was refreshing to see all the stupid people get eaten. And get eaten they did. Lots of stupid people and lots of blood.
Back to top Go down
Darth Symbiote

Darth Symbiote

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:43 am

I think Lady in the Water was his best movie! I thought it was really original too. I liked both that one and Signs.
Back to top Go down
sithlindy

sithlindy

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Darth Symbiote wrote:
I think Lady in the Water was his best movie! I thought it was really original too. I liked both that one and Signs.

So surprised someone actually found Lady to be their favorite, hah! Signs is actually my own personal favorite, surpassing 6th Sense only because it has the sci-fi element, which I'm a sucker for.
Back to top Go down
SithHunter

SithHunter

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:50 pm

2 of my biggest guilty pleasures are Freddy vs Jason, say what you want but it's a fun movie and was one of the biggest debates from elementary school come to life finally.

My 2nd one is The Replacements with Keanu Reeves. I've seen it dozens of times and still laugh my ass off through most of it. It's a great, under-rated movie.
Back to top Go down
Demotos

Demotos

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:38 am

That's funny, I just watched The Replacements the other day on HBO.  Love that movie.  I remember when I first bought my first DVD player way back in 2000/2001 that was one of the first movies I bought for it.  You know it was originally planned to be much more adult oriented, even going for an R rating but they changed just enough at the last minute to make it PG-13.
Back to top Go down
Crimson-X

Crimson-X

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:37 pm

Bad movies you enjoy. 51EzNOHEoOL._SS500_
Back to top Go down
sithlindy

sithlindy

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:38 am

OMG yes! I LOVE Super Mario Bros!!! lol man that brings back memories
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad movies you enjoy.   Bad movies you enjoy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad movies you enjoy.
Page 1 of 1