CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread

Go down 
+2
Iron Maiden
Dock Fight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread Empty
PostSubject: The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread   The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 11:01 pm

Throw up some devil horns and toss out some thunderous riffs.

Me, I'm still digging on Ghost's Impera.

Iron Maiden and Chaz Rock City like this post

Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread   The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread EmptySun May 01, 2022 12:15 pm

Yeah, Impera brings the goods. The album definitely feels like a statement, like Ghost is telling the world it's ready to start headlining all those rock/metal festivals throughout the world (which desperately need new blood at the top). Even "Twenties," which is fairly divisive, works for me since it brings back the camp Ghost likes to sprinkle in - and it socially tries to tie in the opulence of the 1920s with the 2020s.

The production is aces too.
Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread   The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread EmptySun May 01, 2022 5:47 pm

The latest Ghost album is stellar!
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread   The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:16 pm

Impera is sublime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread   The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread EmptyTue May 10, 2022 10:00 pm

Burning Witches from the M3 Rock Festival

Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread   The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread EmptyWed May 11, 2022 12:36 pm

I'm doing my yearly VAN HALEN marathon. For me, VH = Summer and I usually crank the band for the entire month of May.

Life is good.

Chaz Rock City likes this post

Back to top Go down
Workyticket

Workyticket

PostSubject: Re: The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread   The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread EmptySun May 15, 2022 4:27 am

Impera is fantastic. The new Rammstein is pretty great as well. It's been great having new releases so close together from two of the few bands remaining that still remember how well pomp and OTT stagecraft work with metal.
Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread   The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2022 11:23 pm

Halestorm Back from the Dead: I've listen to this CD a few times now. I wanted to come up with something insightful but all I have is that it rocks and Lzzy Hale is an outstanding singer! If you liked their previous album, you should enjoy this one. When I read the song titles I assumed that Raise Your Horns would be a big rock anthem, but it's actually just Lzzy singing and playing piano, and it's better for it. I like albums with some variety to them.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread   The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2022 10:10 pm

Oh man, I didn't know Halestorm's latest was out already! I'll have to give it a listen this weekend. Their last release, Skulls, is one of my favorite albums of the past 5 years.

Chaz Rock City likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread   The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The All-New Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread
Page 1 of 1