CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

STRANGE NEW WORLDS

Go down 
+2
DailyRich
VTRan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mondguy

STRANGE NEW WORLDS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STRANGE NEW WORLDS   STRANGE NEW WORLDS - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 9:37 am

Gotta be honest, the back half of the season hasn't been wowing myself, and last night's combo of a potentially interesting character dying, coupled with the Gorn becoming Xenomorphs with the serial numbers filed off really deflated my interest in the show going forward.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: STRANGE NEW WORLDS   STRANGE NEW WORLDS - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 3:21 pm

I think this was an overall solid first season, but I agree that the back half wasn’t as strong, though I did like the Gorn episode in terms of being a thriller (turning them into Xenomorphs is a choice alright).

The only thing I disliked in the finale was the update on monster maroon… I guess the 23rd century no matter what era just doesn’t stand of chance of being faithfully replicated.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Mondguy

PostSubject: Re: STRANGE NEW WORLDS   STRANGE NEW WORLDS - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 3:37 pm

The finale greatly revived my interest. I was rolling my eyes at the "Hey, remember Balance of Terror?" previews, but they turned a fanwank concept into a great episode.

I agree about the costume. It felt just off to be annoying, like a fan made costume that didn't quite nail it
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: STRANGE NEW WORLDS   STRANGE NEW WORLDS - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 4:11 pm

I always dig it when Trek does an alternate timeline episode and this finale was no exception. It was a great way to finally address Pike questioning his ultimate fate with an alternative timeline episode. The stuff with the Romulans was great as was the Kirk/Pike interplay.

Overall I really enjoyed the first season of SNW as it scratches that Classic Trek itch with a modern approach. Can't wait for the next season!
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: STRANGE NEW WORLDS   STRANGE NEW WORLDS - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 11:31 am

Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STRANGE NEW WORLDS   STRANGE NEW WORLDS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

STRANGE NEW WORLDS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2