CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO) Empty
PostSubject: TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO)   TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO) EmptyThu May 26, 2022 6:23 pm

https://deadline.com/2022/05/true-detective-jodie-foster-to-star-season-4hbo-1235033965/

We're getting a fourth season after all! Jodi Foster, in her first adult TV role, stars. Nic Pizzolatto is off the show, apparently, other than collecting a check as an EP.

Here's the premise/pitch:

Quote :
The series is centered around Detectives Liz Danvers and Evangeline Navarro who are looking to solve the case of six men that operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanishing without a trace, when the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska. The pair will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice.

I have to assume there are some THE THING influences here - not in terms of the show actually going SF/supernatural, but in terms of wintry horror and suspense.

S2 and S3 were major, major letdowns for me - especially since both of them lost a big part of S1, which was using the setting as essentially a third main character. While the Arctic is not something I would associate with any kind of cop procedural (and don't throw Sheridan's Wind River at me - that was also a big letdown as far as I'm concerned), at least the setting won't (or shouldn't) feel generic or unimportant.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO)   TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO) EmptyThu May 26, 2022 6:42 pm

Shut up. Just shut up.

You had me at Jodie Foster.

Plus, that sounds rad as hell.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO)   TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO) EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 6:06 pm

The Thing, 30 Days of Night, and Insomnia all feel like logical touchstones. Especially given that horror-loving Tigers Not Afraid director Issa Lopez is on board to direct most (or all?) of the episodes. I'm super curious to see what she and producer Barry Jenkins conjure up here, particularly with Pizzolatto no longer being in the mix (ceremonial credit aside).
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO)   TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO) Empty

Back to top Go down

TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY (HBO)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Media :: Television-
Jump to: