CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Orville

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DailyRich

DailyRich

The Orville Empty
PostSubject: The Orville   The Orville EmptyThu May 12, 2022 4:06 pm

Hulu dropped a new trailer for the upcoming season and godDAMN I guess knowing this is supposed to be the final run made them not hold back a thing. This looks like a million bucks.

Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

The Orville Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orville   The Orville EmptyThu May 12, 2022 4:23 pm

Oh hot damn. You are right on the money. Now there's the Star Trek I've been missing.

Honestly, if anything were to convince to purchase YET ANOTHER STREAMING SERVICE, it's this show. One of the most wonderful surprise gems of the last few years. Very glad it's getting a chance to go out how it wants.
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

The Orville Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orville   The Orville EmptyFri May 13, 2022 6:16 pm

Despite my criticism of this show I'm genuinely surprised that the first two seasons are only on standard DVD and not Blu-Ray. Which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

The Orville Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orville   The Orville EmptyMon May 16, 2022 9:22 pm

I figured Disney will get them out on Blu eventually, even if it's as a Disney Movie Club exclusive.

I'm excited for this show to return. It looks like they poured a ton of resources into this run and word is that the episodes are longer than they have been in the past too. I'm a bit bummed that this is being touted as the final season, as the cast have all be released from their contracts already, but word is that it won't END end. The door will be left open for future continuations in some form. I guess they'll cross that bridge when they come to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

The Orville Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orville   The Orville EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 11:03 pm

New Horizons is out and hoo damn, did they put all the money on screen. Looks fantastic. Like how they're absolutely dealing with the fallout of the Kaylon attack. Missed these guys.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

The Orville Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orville   The Orville EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 8:09 am

There's a beat in the new episode that initially rubbed me the wrong way, that felt like a "Let's have our cake and eat it too" moment that undermined some good drama. But then they used that moment as a means to develop another character and it completely turned me around on the idea. That and the fact that they didn't use the plot to simply make everything better.

And nary a goofy joke in sight (and the one we got wasn't really all that glaring).

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

The Orville Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orville   The Orville EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 8:24 am

Having only watched PICARD, I forgot what it's like to have a crew not filled with sociopaths.

Also, kudos to the kid playing Marcus; he shot up a foot and took some acting lessons in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Mondguy

The Orville Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orville   The Orville EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 12:16 pm

Going from the breezy comedic episode of 'Strange New Worlds' to this gut punch on 'Orville' was an interesting reverse dynamic last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Orville Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orville   The Orville Empty

Back to top Go down

The Orville
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Media :: Television-
Jump to: