CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DOCTOR WHO Catch All

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

DOCTOR WHO Catch All Empty
PostSubject: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptySun May 08, 2022 7:51 am

The BBC has announced the 14th Doctor after Whittaker wraps up her run: Ncuti Gatwa, a 29 year old who stars in Sex Education

Unfamiliar with his work. I am sure he is quite capable of the manic energy required of the Doctor. I hope, with the return of Russell T. Davies, that the writing won't let him down at every possible angle. Whittaker deserved better than Chibnall.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61371123

Chaz Rock City likes this post

Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptySun May 08, 2022 4:43 pm

Holy shit.

I honestly thought it would be another white dude. Consider me impressed.

Going to honestly miss Jodie as the Doctor. She was the breath of fresh air the series sorely needed.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptyMon May 09, 2022 7:26 am

I wonder how the uh...let's say MAGA-Whos are reacting. On the one hand, it's not a woman! Buuuuut...

(Sci-fi) Fandoms are the worst, is what I'm saying.

Headless Fett likes this post

Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptyMon May 09, 2022 3:58 pm

True that. For every open minded and well meaning fan I've come across there's always three more who are regressive assholes who want their IP to stay exactly the same. I know it's not a recent phenomenon but social media really has given the toxic ones a louder voice.

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptyThu May 19, 2022 11:47 pm

Davis coming back as a writer is what will get me watching the show again. I agree that the writing let Whittaker down. I never needed regenerations explained.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptyFri May 20, 2022 8:46 am

Yeah, the Doctor going down the "trauma plot" while revealing that there have been many, many more regens felt like a misstep. I think the regen explanation for various doctors is great and elegant; but there is a thing as too much explanation.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptyFri May 20, 2022 8:49 am

Also, I can't wait til about two seasons from now when fans run Davies out of town, opening the door for...

Moffat!

All this has happened before and will happen again.
Back to top Go down
Roke

Roke

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptyFri May 20, 2022 10:35 am

Moffat is like a car with one gear and no way to get the gas pedal off the floor.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptyFri May 20, 2022 11:17 am

A gear that created some excellent and memorable episodes of Who!

Chaz Rock City likes this post

Back to top Go down
Roke

Roke

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptyFri May 20, 2022 1:03 pm

Doc Happenin wrote:
A gear that created some excellent and memorable episodes of Who!

No doubt! But I'm just one of those people who get tired of him pretty fast. That endless drone of MASSIVE PLOT TWIST CLIFFHANGER THING accompanied by INCREDIBLY EMOTIONAL SITUATION YOU NEVER EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE makes me tune out.

(I'm not a Whovian, so please don't kill me. My frustration stems more from watching Sherlock.)
Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All EmptySun May 22, 2022 8:30 pm

Moffat was in charge for my favorite run of the show, which was when Smith was The Doctor and Amy and Rory were the companions.

DailyRich and Doc Happenin like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOCTOR WHO Catch All   DOCTOR WHO Catch All Empty

Back to top Go down

DOCTOR WHO Catch All
Page 1 of 1