CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTF Are You Playing?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

WTF Are You Playing? Empty
PostSubject: WTF Are You Playing?   WTF Are You Playing? EmptySat May 07, 2022 8:33 pm

Not gonna lie, appropriate capitalization in forum topics is my jam, so that felt good.

What's got you hooked?

I finally picked up GOD OF WAR, the newer one. I loved the original trilogy and this feels as difficult (but not Souls-like) as I remember. Two buttons, tons of possibilities! My life changed a lot since the originals, like Kratos, I too went from angry young man to dad, so this game hits close (though I have a daughter). Only a few hours in and will be chipping away for months. Hope to stick with it.

At least until the Mistlands update in VALHEIM.
Back to top Go down
ska oreo

PostSubject: Re: WTF Are You Playing?   WTF Are You Playing? EmptySun May 08, 2022 1:30 pm

I've been slowly going through Elden Ring. I have a bout 30+ hours of the game, and I am enjoying myself. But what's keeping this from GOAT material is that I think the actual combat is the weakest aspect of the game, at least compared to the exploration aspects where you might go past a section of the game you've past multiple times, take a turn you didn't before, and find yourself in an elevator taking you to an underground city. Stuff like that makes Elden Ring just a breathtaking experience.

What I don't care for is that the game is not really fair. More often than not, you will get killed because the game's enemies have can hurt you in ways that its nearly impossible to defend against. So it stops being about "gitting gud" and more about cheesing the system so that you're strong enough that it doesn't really matter how annoying the enemies are.
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: WTF Are You Playing?   WTF Are You Playing? EmptySun May 08, 2022 11:18 pm

Well, when I'm not playing my Evercade retro console I've been enjoying the insanely fun (and somewhat challenging) SUPER CYBORG on my PS4. Basically a love letter to the Contra console games with some really great music and cool level design.

I haven't played a AAA game in awhile and I'm fine with that.

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: WTF Are You Playing?   WTF Are You Playing? EmptySun May 08, 2022 11:31 pm

I had never heard of that, and now I am greatly intrigued. Is it challenging like a Souls game , or challenging like the original Contras?
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: WTF Are You Playing?   WTF Are You Playing? EmptyMon May 09, 2022 12:14 am

It's challenging like the original Contras. The boss fights will make you turn the air blue. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF Are You Playing?   WTF Are You Playing? Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF Are You Playing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Media :: Gaming-
Jump to: