A new forum dedicated to the original CountingDown site (1998-2010)

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Visit Our Facebook!Visit Our Facebook!  

Share | 

Episode VII

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nikon949

PostSubject: Episode VII   Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Thoughts on what we'll see and who'll appear?
Back to top Go down
jim_8705
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII   Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:30 pm

No clue on where the hell they will go with this. When the last movie came out I felt the series had run its course and that it was nice to leave it behind. Now with VII actually happening, I really have no expectations at this point. Once news crops up on who will actually be in it and what the film will be about, that's when my interest will rise. But all that's known is that some of the original cast will return and J.J. Abrams is returning, and I hope he does not try using that mystery box on this film like he did with his own.

Beyond that? I dunno what will happen, but I would like to see how powerful Luke Skywalker is. Will he still be the same person, how much has he grown as a Jedi?

"It was part of his profession to kill people. He had never liked doing it and when he had to kill he did it as well as he knew how and forgot about it. As a secret agent who held the rare Double-O prefix — the licence to kill in the Secret Service — it was his duty to be as cool about death as a surgeon. If it happened, it happened. Regret was unprofessional — worse, it was a death-watch beetle in the soul." - Goldfinger, by Ian Fleming
Back to top Go down
http://countingdown.forumotion.com
SithHunter

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII   Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 pm

I'm expecting it to be about 35 years after RotJ and to take place after the latest events in the novels. They've taken the books to a certain point around this many years in the future and haven't allowed any to go beyond this.

As a result, I think Luke, Han and Leia will play a major part but it will be more a passing of the torch to Jaina, Ben and Jag to take over the reins.

I've heard rumors though of it telling an abridged version of the Legacy of the Force story arc, which could be fun to see on screen; but if the age changes of some of the characters is true, then it would completely destroy the cannon established by the EU; which would be a major piss-off since everything was always tied together (aside from some of the Clone Wars series).
Back to top Go down
jim_8705
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII   Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:27 am

"It was part of his profession to kill people. He had never liked doing it and when he had to kill he did it as well as he knew how and forgot about it. As a secret agent who held the rare Double-O prefix — the licence to kill in the Secret Service — it was his duty to be as cool about death as a surgeon. If it happened, it happened. Regret was unprofessional — worse, it was a death-watch beetle in the soul." - Goldfinger, by Ian Fleming
Back to top Go down
http://countingdown.forumotion.com
Nikon949

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII   Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:38 pm

So the countdown officially begins......

RIGHT NOW!

12/18/15 will be a very special day for all of us and ONE for one of us in general. 40 years isn't too bad...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode VII   

Back to top Go down

Episode VII
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1