CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread

Go down 
+3
The Schlocketeer
Chaz Rock City
Iron Maiden
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ArcadeJimmy

The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread   The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 10:01 am

Dock Fight wrote:
Hot take: "Kiss of Death", from Back for the Attack, is one of Dokken's best songs and a severely under-heard great metal song from the 80s.

That’s no hot take. “Kiss of Death” is absolutely the best song off that album, and probably would have been the best song on Unchain as well. “Lightning Strikes” is really the only heavy-ish song on Unchain, but leading off Back For The Attack with “Kiss”, really let us know that album was going to be something a lot harder than we expected.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread   The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 1:02 am

As I’ve said many times, Dokken was the absolute best of all of the hair metal bands.
Back to top Go down
ArcadeJimmy

PostSubject: Re: The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread   The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 6:03 pm

Judas Booth wrote:
As I’ve said many times, Dokken was the absolute best of all of the hair metal bands.  

I don’t know if I’d go quite that far, but they were way more musically talented than most of the others. I’m not a super huge Winger or White Lion fan, but I’d put those two bands in a category with Dokken, as bands that truly had talent as musicians. All three bands are underrated for that reason alone, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread   The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 1:06 am

Dokken is proof that the criticism of hair metal being style over substance is bullshit. They had pitch perfect three part harmonies and Lynch is a top notch shredder. With Kiss of Death they were singing about AIDS when there was still the misconception that it was only homosexuals getting the disease.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread   The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Actually/Legitimately/Truly New Hair Metal Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2