CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread

Go down 
+2
Belloq87
Bucho
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Belloq87

Belloq87

The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 10:47 pm

It can't possibly be as bad as Body Wars was for people. Or the "intense" side of Mission: Space.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 1:52 pm

First official house announcement for HHN Orlando:

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 4:50 pm

Can't go wrong with the Classic Monsters.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 10:25 am

Priming the pump for the likely Classic Monsters land at Epic. Likely the reason they closed Monsters Cafe at the Studios, there's probably a similar restaurant planned for there. Plus the rumor is Monsters Cafe is going to become a Minions themed restaurant to tie the area in with Despicable Me and the rumored attraction replacing Shrek.
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 12:30 pm

I think it's not the greatest move to have the "first impression" land of the park be Minions-themed.

But I'm not in charge!
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 1:39 pm

I think you understimate how popular the Minions are. The merch sells like crazy, and I can't tell you how many families I see in matching Minions shirts, both ours, bought elsewhere or homemade.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 1:41 pm

Meanwhile, Walt Disney World has announced that starting in June, Genie+ will only be available as a day-of purchase rather than being purchasable ahead of time. And they'll be "subject to availability," which means WDW can set the supply on a daily basis based on projected attendance. Which is pretty much how Universal Express works, but those you can buy ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 2:13 pm

DailyRich wrote:
I think you understimate how popular the Minions are.  The merch sells like crazy, and I can't tell you how many families I see in matching Minions shirts, both ours, bought elsewhere or homemade.

I know they're popular.

I just think it's a very strange theme for the first land people are going to see when they enter the park.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 2:20 pm

Well, USF isn't really themed beyond "This is Hollywood, this is New York...." I mean, Despicable Me and Shrek across the street from each other feels even stranger to me. At least this way, the area will have some thematic cohesion. It may even get the full Super Silly Land treatment like the area with the ride at Hollywood did (although having two faux theme parks inside the park might be a little much).
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2022 10:36 am

Rumor has it this year's tribute store at Universal Studios Florida will be retro themed around E.T., Jaws and Back to the Future.  This design appeared as an option at the various "design your own phone case" stations around the resort, fueling speculation this might be the theme for the store this year.

The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 Retro-merch-2-1200x900-1-906x585

They also did a hula/tiki overlay at the permanent HHN store at Islands of Adventure, and if we don't have a full line of Universal Monster tiki mugs ready to go, we are throwing money away.

The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 IOA-All-Hallows-Hula-Boutique-Universal-Monsters-26-1200x900 The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 IOA-All-Hallows-Hula-Boutique-Universal-Monsters-4-1200x900
The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 IOA-All-Hallows-Hula-Boutique-Universal-Monsters-16-1200x900 The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 IOA-All-Hallows-Hula-Boutique-Universal-Monsters-3-1200x900
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2022 2:48 pm

I hope that doesn't portend getting rid of the Legacy Store in CityWalk, because that place is great.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2022 3:24 pm

yeah, I showed that POV video to my wife and she was like 'no thanks.'  If what you say is true then yeah, I may have to pass as well.  I remember getting off that one Harry Potter ride and needing a good half hour to get my stomach back together.

eta: regarding the new GOTG ride at EPCOT

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2022 3:42 pm

Belloq87 wrote:
I hope that doesn't portend getting rid of the Legacy Store in CityWalk, because that place is great.

I heard multiple other plans for that space before it become the Legacy Store. Don't know if those plans were pushed back or cancelled, because that store is doing well for us.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2022 4:06 pm

DailyRich wrote:
I heard multiple other plans for that space before it become the Legacy Store.  Don't know if those plans were pushed back or cancelled, because that store is doing well for us.

The fact that it essentially doubles as retail space and a mini museum of the resort's history is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2022 9:22 pm

Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 7:42 am

A well done Jurassic themed escape room could be HUGE.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 9:21 pm

So we could have had a non-IP Big Bang-theme coaster at EPCOT before Disney management instructed the Imagineers to make it Guardians of the Galaxy.

https://wdwnt.com/2022/05/ip-free-big-bang-omnicoaster-was-planned-before-management-added-guardians-of-the-galaxy-to-epcot/
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 10:27 pm

What a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 10:47 pm

In other news, the summertime tribute store at USF has opened, and it's themed to E.T., JAWS, and BACK TO THE FUTURE.  The level of detail crammed into the rooms is very impressive:

Lots of new merchandise, too.  Hopefully some of it ends up in Universal Orlando's online store, because I'd like to buy some!
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 7:44 pm

I'd been waiting for this channel's thoughts on this and boy did he not disappoint.

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 8:55 pm

I watched that earlier today.

I don't agree with every word, but I do agree with the general sentiment.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 4:16 pm

SeaWorld Orlando finally announced the coaster it's been clearing land for lately:  High Surf, which claims to be a first-of-its-kind launched stand-up coaster.

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 6:42 pm

That'll be a hard pass for me!

Glad to see SeaWorld continuing to invest in attractions, though.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 7:49 pm

Belloq87 wrote:
That'll be a hard pass for me!

Glad to see SeaWorld continuing to invest in attractions, though.

This will be their seventh coaster in the park (although calling Journey to Atlantis a coaster is really stretching it), and Mako consistently ranks among the top coasters in the country. Adding a first-of-its-kind coaster will certainly draw people in.
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 9:11 pm

Well as if there was any doubt there'd be a Stranger Things house at HHN this year....

https://twitter.com/universalorl/status/1532770090176888833

The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 FUV-Rf_WIAUle3P?format=jpg&name=small
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread   The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, and Themed Entertainment Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next