CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The FRAME WORK Podcast

Go down 
+6
Judas Booth
Dock Fight
Bucho
Schwartz
The Schlocketeer
Owen
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Belloq87

Belloq87

The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2022 3:31 pm

NOSFERATU feels like the perfect project for Eggers. I hope he gets to make it.

The Schlocketeer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Arjen Rudd

Arjen Rudd

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2022 2:22 am

Maybe to clarify, I think it’s not the characters that are completely amoral, it’s the world, and perhaps just by modern standards. The way you get into Viking Heaven is by dying in battle, full stop. If you don’t die with a weapon in your hand, you end up in Viking Hell, which is a dark cave full of ghosts and depression. Maybe there’s some room to quibble with the definition, but that’s a morality so removed from modern understanding I don’t think it even qualifies as morality. This is purely a world where power is essentially the only metric of any worth, and most fantasy worlds don’t come close to that. Even the charnel houses of Westeros or Hyborea have clearer notions of virtue.

As to Dune, I don’t know that such a sweeping epic is within his reach, or would even be remotely intelligent to bankroll, but an adaptation of Bradbury or Heinlein? Yes please! I’d love to see Eggers take on one of the scary ones, maybe Mars is Heaven.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2022 8:55 am

Having just revisited both the Murnau and Herzog versions of Nosferatu, I now want Eggers take on that material more than ever. Hopefully he can get it going again in a year or two.

I know he also has scripts for a medieval knight movie and something in the Elizabethan era. I'd like to see those too.

I don't think his version of Baba Yaga (or something similar) would be too close to The Witch either, so I'd love to see that too. I suspect he'd go more fantastical with such material than he did on The Witch (which still has plenty of fantastical elements).

Normally I might lament the box office disappointment of The Northman, as it does indeed mean that Eggers is unlikely to go big again anytime soon (if ever). But given that he seems perfectly fine with that in interviews and is fully content to just keep making smaller films, I'm good with it. That said, it'd be nice to see him do something on the scale of The Northman again someday.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2022 3:31 pm

Glad people dug THE NORTHMAN episode, I felt like I wasn't very articulate that day, but he's an interesting enough filmmaker that I guess it carried me through.

I guess I'm going soft, when it came to the raid sequence. I came in ready for ultraviolence, but the lingering on the slaughter of children and elderly after the action was distressing in a way that caught me off guard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frameworkcast.com
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2022 5:01 pm

The casual, matter-of-fact handling of the aftermath of the single-take sequence was definitely striking.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2022 10:04 pm

Just gonna leave this here...

The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 Fb_img10

Chaz Rock City likes this post

Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 10:34 am

Last edited by Schwartz on Wed May 25, 2022 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 4:43 pm

Excellent! I actually just fully caught up with the Nolan episodes yesterday.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2022 1:24 pm

Listened to the DUNKIRK episode whilst cycling. A very good discussion! While I agree with Belloq/Blake's assertion that the emotional distance/representational nature of the characters is deliberate, hard disagree that even the end presents an "earned" emotional catharsis or investment.

Like arjenn, I need an actual story and characters with some sort of texture or at least a couple of dimensions of depth.

A courteous but hard disagree, as well, in regards to comparing 1917 to DUNKIRK. The latter is the superior film in just about any regard.
Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 10:49 pm

The Dunkirk episode was a fun discussion about a movie where the message is just surviving a defeat is good enough in the grand scheme of things.

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 12:30 am

Starting to think I'm one of the few who views Dunkirk as top-tier Nolan. Smile

Belloq87 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 11:24 am

The Schlocketeer wrote:

Welcome to the club!

Bucho and The Schlocketeer like this post

Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 12:24 am

BETTER CALL SAUL

My audio is a bit messy on this one, my internet provider was really struggling this week.
Back to top Go down
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 2:24 am

Belloq87 wrote:
The Schlocketeer wrote:

Welcome to the club!

And my ... fishing boat!?!

The Schlocketeer and Arjen Rudd like this post

Back to top Go down
Arjen Rudd

Arjen Rudd

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 2:48 am

Bucho wrote:
Belloq87 wrote:
The Schlocketeer wrote:

Welcome to the club!

And my ... fishing boat!?!

Took me a moment, but worth it.

Bucho likes this post

Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 9:02 am

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 8:18 pm

A bit of an odd thing I've been thinking about...

One of the earliest legacy sequels I can think of is Cruise's THE COLOR OF MONEY.

The earliest of the modern spate I can think of is Kosinski's TRON: LEGACY.

And now Cruise & Kosinski have made this one together. I have to imagine their previous experiences heavily informed their choices here and is probably why it's way better than it should have been.

That aside, I don't really think you all gave Kosinski enough credit. If everything here works mostly because of Cruise's heavy hand behind the scenes, then how do you explain recent duds of his like JACK REACHER: NEVER GO BACK, THE MUMMY, and AMERICAN MADE? I'd never call Kosinski an auteur or an amazing director, but I think he's a better filmmaker than the likes of Ed Zwick, Alex Kurtzman, and Doug "How does this man still get hired?!?" Liman and that shows in MAVERICK.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 10:48 pm

In truth, I blame the script of TRON: LEGACY more than the direction. I think OBLIVION is better but the script...again...feels like it needs another draft.

Back to top Go down
Bucho

Bucho

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 3:48 am

I haven't seen any of Kosinski's other fillums, but JB is one of an increasing number who say Only the Brave is well worth a look so as soon as that one becomes free on one of my streaming things I'll check that bad boy out.

The Schlocketeer wrote:
One of the earliest legacy sequels I can think of is Cruise's THE COLOR OF MONEY.

Yes! I literally just made a crack on the Discord about how it'd frankly be rude for Cruise not to make a third in the Hustler/Color of Moneyverse!
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 9:25 am

ONLY THE BRAVE is worth your time.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 11:30 pm

Bucho wrote:
Yes! I literally just made a crack on the Discord about how it'd frankly be rude for Cruise not to make a third in the Hustler/Color of Moneyverse!

If we do get another Cruise legacy sequel, it needs to be this.
Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 10:49 am

It would be a legacy sequel for the New Kid character in a previous legacy sequel.  A grandlegacy sequel. Truly breaking new ground.

But I'll settle for A FEW RIGHT MOVES MORE.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 2:51 pm

Schwartz wrote:
It would be a legacy sequel for the New Kid character in a previous legacy sequel.  A grandlegacy sequel. Truly breaking new ground.

But I'll settle for A FEW RIGHT MOVES MORE.

A FISTFUL OF RIGHT MOVES?
Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 12:12 am

Back to top Go down
Schwartz
Schwartz

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The FRAME WORK Podcast   The FRAME WORK Podcast - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The FRAME WORK Podcast
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Media :: Film-
Jump to: