CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)

Go down 
+3
Dock Fight
Chaz Rock City
Belloq87
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Belloq87

Belloq87

MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) Empty
PostSubject: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 12:56 pm

Feel free to discuss the show here!
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 2:39 pm

The show which does everything it can to not actually feature the title character?!

Doc Happenin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 3:01 pm

Yes, that show.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 8:03 pm

Welp. That was sure an episode of TV.

Isaac is doing good work but it feels like it's in service to something really misguided.
Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptySun May 01, 2022 5:55 pm

The last episode was a massive tonal change, but turning the show into a character based drama still worked for me.

I hope Steven isn't trapped in the underworld forever. In the long run maybe the show will be better for it, but as of now I hope he is saved. Yes I know that could mean lower stakes.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptySun May 01, 2022 6:58 pm

There's only one episode left, yes? So he really can't be trapped there forever.

While I appreciate that this series has made big efforts to tonally and visually distinguish itself from the other D+ MCU series, and even most MCU films, it's been disappointing overall. The dearth of the titular character in the show has been a big disappointment, especially since the show seems to be on track for freeing Mark/Steven/Whomever from being Khonshu's avatar.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyThu May 05, 2022 1:40 pm

Huh. Y'know, when Khonshu said "we need more avatars", I thought, 'do they have to be Egyptian? Cuz I know a guy who is the god of lightning. And if he's not around wouldn't a GIANT CROCODILE STEALING PEOPLE'S SOULS kinda sound like a job for the Avengers?'
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyThu May 05, 2022 1:53 pm

I'm not 100% convinced they were actually physically manifested where people could see them. I don't recall any reaction shots to them.

But even so, stuff like this in the comics got handwaved all the time with "Oh they used some kind of mass hypnosis to make us think we saw it!" so I'm not too worked up over it.

This was going down as a meh for me until the post credit scene, which bumped it up for me. Still, felt pretty short for a finale episode.
Back to top Go down
Chaz Rock City

Chaz Rock City

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyTue May 10, 2022 10:26 pm

Marc going back for Steven was predictable, but it still worked for me. After the previous episodes I bought into the bond they had developed. While there were good action scenes, that was still my favorite part of the finale.

I do like that the post credit scene turned the show briefly into a mob story. Khonshu's white suit was pretty damn sharp. Speaking of outfits, Layla's superhero costume got an How you doin reaction from me.

Last edited by Chaz Rock City on Thu May 12, 2022 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyWed May 11, 2022 8:04 am

DailyRich wrote:
I'm not 100% convinced they were actually physically manifested where people could see them.  I don't recall any reaction shots to them.

But even so, stuff like this in the comics got handwaved all the time with "Oh they used some kind of mass hypnosis to make us think we saw it!" so I'm not too worked up over it.

The MCU also already has a precedent of large, fantastical/mythic creatures revealed to be illusions (Far From Home). So it's not out of the realm of possibility that, in-story, it would get hand-waved as another illusion.
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyWed May 11, 2022 12:52 pm

we are in a world where half of the population disappeared and then reappeared 5 years later. The people are probably pretty blase about such trivial stuff as giant gods fighting.

The Schlocketeer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Belloq87

Belloq87

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyWed May 11, 2022 1:36 pm

Also a gigantic alien monster started erupting from inside the planet in ETERNALS, which was surely major news.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) EmptyMon May 16, 2022 9:20 pm

I'm not sure if anyone other than Harrow, Marc, and Layla could actually seen Ammit and Khonshu duking it out.

I did like the beat of the little girl getting excited about meeting Egyptian superhero Layla though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)   MOON KNIGHT (Disney+) Empty

Back to top Go down

MOON KNIGHT (Disney+)
Page 1 of 1