CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you want in the next Superman installment?

Go down 
+4
Dock Fight
The Schlocketeer
sithlindy
The Star Treker
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

What do you want in the next Superman installment? Empty
PostSubject: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 12:18 am

Whatever happens, WB will be pushing for this more than they have for any other DC property. Frankly, I think they're better off putting JUSTICE LEAGUE on hold and letting Superman breathe for one more film. It just feels wrong to throw them altogether after only just introducing Superman and that all the others don't seem to have much of a presence in this new rebooted universe so far.

Villain wise? I say either Brainiac or Parasite. No doubt Luthor will play some role down the line, but I rather he stay by the sidelines instead of being the main baddie.
Back to top Go down
https://countingdown.forumotion.com
The Star Treker

The Star Treker

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 4:12 am

I definitely want see more Lois and Clark interaction, Cavill's Clark Kent more as a reporter that you haven't seen in the previous versions. They could have Supergirl (Kara Zor-El / Kent) in there as a supporting character. For villain, whether have Brainiac, Metallo or even Darkseid (but maybe saved him for Justice League). I still think you need Lex Luthor in the sequel since they already hinted LexCorp in Man of Steel but also still have another superpower villain and I think Metallo would be a good choice or either Brainiac. Oh I thought they could have Bruno Mannheim or Morgan Edge and the Intergang in the next one or if they do a third film and have them secretly working for Darkseid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thestartreker/
sithlindy

sithlindy

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 12:46 pm

I want Supergirl! And have her fight just like Feora. More nerdy Clark Kent would be great too. That tiny taste of him was a tease. I'm not picky about villains since I'm not familiar enough with them anyway. But I wonder just how they can make the battles against them more intense than the the ones in this movie. How can it possibly be topped?
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:25 pm

Who'd have thought that, almost a decade later, we'd still be waiting for a Man of Steel 2?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:29 pm

While I understand Supes can be difficult to write, it's not like that don't have almost 90 years of existing source material to draw from.

Poor Cavill. I really like(d) him in the role, and Adams as Lane.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptyWed May 04, 2022 4:07 pm

Dock Fight wrote:
While I understand Supes can be difficult to write, it's not like that don't have almost 90 years of existing source material to draw from.

Poor Cavill. I really like(d) him in the role, and Adams as Lane.

I’ve said elsewhere, I think it’s just a case of WB hating Superman but still wanting to utilize the branding because he’s about as iconic as Mickey Mouse. Trouble is, they also keep hiring people who don’t get Superman. But it pleases the edgelord fans that always wanted a more “badass” Superman and less of the gentle blue boy scout.

The Schlocketeer likes this post

Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptyWed May 04, 2022 4:08 pm

A sincere, faithful adaptation of either one of these:

What do you want in the next Superman installment? Superman_for_All_Seasons What do you want in the next Superman installment? 9781401290832

Pither likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pither

Pither

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptyThu May 12, 2022 2:32 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:

Villain wise? I say either Brainiac or Parasite.

I'd like to see either of them, or Metallo or Bizarro. Superman's rogues gallery is better than it often gets credit for.

Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptyFri May 13, 2022 5:48 pm

It's astonishing that ever since the first Christopher Reeve film, the only villains from the comics we ever saw in any of Superman's solo films has been Lex Luthor and General Zod, with Doomsday, Steppenwolf and Darkseid being in ensemble films.

Meanwhile, Batman alone has already covered a dozen of his rogues gallery.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 11:12 am

We’ll see how it goes. Cavill is still at a prime age to play the role, so it’s better they focus on giving him a better run than just calling the quits and relying on JJ Abrams.

https://comicbookmovie.com/superman/superman-dc-insider-says-key-to-warner-bros-success-is-focusing-on-henry-cavills-man-of-steel-a194137
Back to top Go down
commodorejohn

commodorejohn

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 12:50 pm

Lois Lane turning into a centaur and Jimmy Olsen getting brain-swapped with a gorilla. That's all I ask.
Back to top Go down
Stockslivevan
Admin
Stockslivevan

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 2:52 pm

MOS2 should do the SUPERMAN RETURNS method of ignoring everything after the first movie!
Back to top Go down
DailyRich

DailyRich

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 3:20 pm

Funny thing is, the last part of The Batman when he realizes he can do more by being a beacon of hope than by being a specter of vengeance feels more like what Superman should be. Not that I want to see a Superman movie where he's this dark avenger before learning his lesson, but hell, if we can earnestly let Batman be a savior -- and if audiences bought Steve Rogers in the MCU -- there ain't a damn reason we can't get a sincere, unconflictedly good Superman.

Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 7:14 pm

Having Emmerich & Hamada out now likely means a new Superman film is a lot likelier to happen. Hopefully it's a good one when it does.
Back to top Go down
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 7:51 am

Is Hamada out? I know Emmerich's been given his walking papers, but last I read, nothing official on Hamada.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 5:39 pm

Not 100% out yet, but it's public that a successor is being sought and Hamada will remain in the position until one is found. So his days are officially numbered. Once he's gone, Zaslav will have tossed virtually every high-level exec that the pre-merger regime had in place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want in the next Superman installment?   What do you want in the next Superman installment? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you want in the next Superman installment?
Page 1 of 1