CountingDown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CountingDown

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo

Go down 
+2
Doc Happenin
Dock Fight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo Empty
PostSubject: DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo   DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo EmptyThu May 12, 2022 2:16 pm

Let's get this party started with the breaking news that Christopher Walken has been cast as the Emperor.

While I will always love me some Walken, I am really curious to see what someone as usually stoic as Villeneuve does with Walken's quirkier, showier acting style.
Back to top Go down
Doc Happenin

Doc Happenin

PostSubject: Re: DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo   DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo EmptyThu May 12, 2022 2:22 pm

Walken's role in SEVERANCE reminded me that the guy won an Oscar for good reasons. Interesting choice, truly.

Maybe Villaneuve is honoring Jodorowsky by casting a known weirdo as the Emperor?!
Back to top Go down
Judas Booth

Judas Booth

PostSubject: Re: DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo   DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo EmptyThu May 12, 2022 4:56 pm

Walken is also good in THE OUTLAWS on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Headless Fett

Headless Fett

PostSubject: Re: DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo   DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo EmptyFri May 13, 2022 6:22 am

After how awesome Part 1 was I can't wait for this. Especially with Walken's casting.
Back to top Go down
Owen

PostSubject: Re: DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo   DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo EmptyFri May 13, 2022 7:53 pm

I see they’re not doing the book’s thing of Shaddam being 70 but looking 30 from hitting the spice hard, though none of the other adaptations did that either. It doesn’t particularly add anything to the story and would require an additional line or two of expository dialogue that the movie could probably do without. Walken can deliver terrific performances and brings a ton of presence to whatever he’s in. I’m imagining him in his Fu Manchu get-up from Balls of Fury, and I expect nothing less.

Austin Butler is spot-on for Feyd, the Anti-Paul. A slim pretty boy, trained from birth in combat and statecraft, but a debauched and ruthless psychopath. Basically everything Paul is, but directed toward evil. Based on his look and what I saw of him in Once upon a Time in Hollywood, I can see him fitting that to a T. I don’t remember if Florence Pugh has been confirmed for Irulan, but she fits the bill too. Beautiful and intelligent, but mostly confined to a gilded cage (first her family’s, then Paul’s). Both of these movies are kind of insanely well cast.
Back to top Go down
The Schlocketeer

The Schlocketeer

PostSubject: Re: DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo   DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo EmptyMon May 16, 2022 9:28 pm

I don't think Pugh is fully locked down for Irulan just yet, but it seems like a matter of time at this point. All three are strong choices for these roles. I'm very curious to see how the Shaddam/Irulan/Feyd stuff is integrated, because a lot of it will now have to be flashbacks of Harkonnen setting his machinations in motion. I'm guessing they'll juxtapose that against Paul's Fremen training and Jessica becoming the Fremen's reverend mother?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theschlocketeer.com
Dock Fight
Dock Fight

PostSubject: Re: DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo   DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo EmptyTue May 17, 2022 12:46 pm

While I'm sure there are many good choices, Pugh just seems like a given for Irulan.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo   DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo Empty

Back to top Go down

DUNE II: Sandworm Boogaloo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CountingDown :: Media :: CountingDown-
Jump to: